Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new member from Bakersfield Cal. I HAVE A 07 650 PROWLER it has four seat conv. wheel spacers and long travel kit. kinda of interested in bumping up the performance any suggestions on what to do first?

·
Registered
271 Posts
the clutches is a weak point on the cats, it works flawlessly for a stock bike in normal working conditions, but for racing, and spirited driving it lacks in performance. the clutches just weren't made for racing, but after some clutch work you can make your bike do whatever you want it to. you can give it back all the pep it lost with the extra weight additions, plus some. you can also raise the top speed by a good 15mph if you have enough motor to pull it with clutch machining. getting the clutch dialed in is one way to REALLY wake up the bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
most of my riding is in the sand, pismo beach. I haven't done any engine mods would you suggest doing the clutch first

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was checking out the airdam machining site i'm guessing the stage 5 is the ultimate clutch mod

·
Registered
682 Posts
RDH, I had a 650xt . I put a big bore kit, carb,cam,intake,Dynatek CDI. Got it all from Hunterworks. Good pricing, real nice people, and good service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info everyone, I think I'll start with clutch work sounds like to me from searching this site the clutch work is a solid foundation for other mods in the future

·
Registered
1 Posts
broke down

hi everyone, just picked up a 2007 prowler xt. got stuck in a large snow bank. locked my axes and turned sharp. after a few of those i broke my cv joint. happen alot? Oh and by the wat, the guy trying to make a windshield. use LEXAN

·
Registered
157 Posts
Scheftie

Hey new to this site I have a 2007 650 h1 xt with deluxe cab, headliner,heater, tatou tracks (camoplast) radio if you could hear it. Blew the crank out of it last week so am rebuilding it to a 700 11:1 piston and changing the cam as well as doing some clutching. Need to know if anyone makes a better starter for it as I have added a larger battery and solinoid but still will not crank when cold. Also looking for a way to get rid of intake noise and draw cooler air into engine away from dust and snow the tracks kick up. Love the machine except for the noise in the cab and the bad crank (220hrs)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts