Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out kicking tires today ,looking at the 700xdx and the 1000 prowler looking for one for some work mostly hauling wood and trail riding its all woods around here .What would you do knowing what you know now if you were starting over? I'm leaning toward the 700 just looking for few options

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
out kicking tires today ,looking at the 700xdx and the 1000 prowler looking for one for some work mostly hauling wood and trail riding its all woods around here .What would you do knowing what you know now if you were starting over? I'm leaning toward the 700 just looking for few options
I know a guy with an 700 HDX he added a rear seat and cage and you should see what that thing will do with 6 people in it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have the 700 and it performs well for my uses. I use mine primarily for trail riding and a little work at the camp and hauling supplies to my deer stands. I have mine clutched and chipped and it flings mud really well but in stock form I don't think you would be disappointed either. I don't have any seat time in the 1000 nor do I ride with any guys that have em but I do run with a lot of atv's and don't really have any trouble keeping up. mine done up the way it is gives me enough snap to have some fun but not enough to get me in to trouble.. haha

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have the 700 and it performs well for my uses. I use mine primarily for trail riding and a little work at the camp and hauling supplies to my deer stands. I have mine clutched and chipped and it flings mud really well but in stock form I don't think you would be disappointed either. I don't have any seat time in the 1000 nor do I ride with any guys that have em but I do run with a lot of atv's and don't really have any trouble keeping up. mine done up the way it is gives me enough snap to have some fun but not enough to get me in to trouble.. haha
mitch,i could not have put it any better,I can do what ever i want to do with mine,with the mods i have done Iam more than happy.even when it was new i didnt complain,I did have a chance to ride a 1000 in 09.POWER HOUSE FOR SURE enough to get a man like me in trouble.16000 dollars also.heck my 680 rincon will get the best of me if I let it.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
never enough power :)

my 1000 is a work horse for sure , put on heavier rear springs and got the factory 13" advertised clearance [which was a full 2 to 3" less in all reality as the was under sprung / sagging from the factory ... now bed carries a bunch of gear and no sag. .. it's hauled a heavy trailer for several hundred miles several times on long outing trips /camping n hunting .. very happy I got the extra power as my weight [now way down to 300 lbs not long ago 370] plus gear and it still goes faster than I want to run it when loaded.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts

my 1000 is a work horse for sure , put on heavier rear springs and got the factory 13" advertised clearance [which was a full 2 to 3" less in all reality as the was under sprung / sagging from the factory ... now bed carries a bunch of gear and no sag. .. it's hauled a heavy trailer for several hundred miles several times on long outing trips /camping n hunting .. very happy I got the extra power as my weight [now way down to 300 lbs not long ago 370] plus gear and it still goes faster than I want to run it when loaded.
Looks like a wagon train lining up.:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

Gary i got a trailor like that,mine has just a little bit smaller tires.nice country.mine is a fire wood trailor.:)mine dont have the gas can holder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a good looking setup you have gary is your trailer hard to back up with the prowler?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
That's a good looking setup you have gary is your trailer hard to back up with the prowler?
Gary will probably agree the bigger the trailor the easier it backs,sometimes its a pain.:mad:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
yup to that ... it's not to bad, ya just can't let it go to far before you correct it or ya loose it and have to pull forward .... it's just getting used to it though both short wheel based rigs ... especially when you pull long gooseneck and 5ers then pull the lil ones

BTW the pic was taken as we all got ready to go into a wilderness area called the Magruder trail there were 10 rigs all pulling trailers for an extended stay trip .. the trail is a "road" the goes between two national wilderness area's in central Idaho .. well worth the trip, a 2 day adventure if running straight through to Montana [one way] but it's so cool with lots of exploring the back country we spent a bit over a week in there and I will go again some day in the near future as there is still a lot more to see than we did.

my back is to the cam , I'm in the white T shirt sitting on the trailer waiting for every one to finish up getting all ready.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
yup to that ... it's not to bad, ya just can't let it go to far before you correct it or ya loose it and have to pull forward .... it's just getting used to it though both short wheel based rigs ... especially when you pull long gooseneck and 5ers then pull the lil ones

BTW the pic was taken as we all got ready to go into a wilderness area called the Magruder trail there were 10 rigs all pulling trailers for an extended stay trip .. the trail is a "road" the goes between two national wilderness area's in central Idaho .. well worth the trip, a 2 day adventure if running straight through to Montana [one way] but it's so cool with lots of exploring the back country we spent a bit over a week in there and I will go again some day in the near future as there is still a lot more to see than we did.

my back is to the cam , I'm in the white T shirt sitting on the trailer waiting for every one to finish up getting all ready.
looks like a great time gary.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone seen the new 700-4 honda pioneer? the honda.com page said no more big red its a 4 seater ,the rear seats fold down and makes a bed for hauling its different,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts