Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I can't get enough info to know for sure if the atv motors will bolt up and not have any differences I've decided to have it rebuilt. I was thinking I would possibly go up to a 700. From what I've read on the earlier years you needed to have the cases bored out so that a 700 jug would fit in. Then you would just buy a 700 piston and you're good to go. I don't know if I want to go that route but was thinking I could probably just have my 650 jug bored out and then re-nickled to a 700. Speedwrerx offers a 700 big bore kit for a 650 and thats more than likely what they are doing. I think I read today that the bore was 5mm bigger. If the machine shop doing the work is ok with this would that still leave enough cylinder to run at normal temps or possibly get to hot?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I went with a 750 Big Bore kit, and it has increased compression over stock. I have not noticed any difference in operating temps, stays consistent with the way it did when stock. I think the kit is worthwhile if someone has to redo a cylinder and replace a piston. I bought a 700 cylinder off ebay to use as a core, I went with the Campbell Enterprise's 750 kit, and opted to have the deck modification done. Runs great, and performs as stock until you get into it!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Because I can't get enough info to know for sure if the atv motors will bolt up and not have any differences I've decided to have it rebuilt. I was thinking I would possibly go up to a 700. From what I've read on the earlier years you needed to have the cases bored out so that a 700 jug would fit in. Then you would just buy a 700 piston and you're good to go. I don't know if I want to go that route but was thinking I could probably just have my 650 jug bored out and then re-nickled to a 700. Speedwrerx offers a 700 big bore kit for a 650 and thats more than likely what they are doing. I think I read today that the bore was 5mm bigger. If the machine shop doing the work is ok with this would that still leave enough cylinder to run at normal temps or possibly get to hot?
I believe on the 2006 and maybe the 2007 you have to bore the block to use the 700 cylinder...........I was told by a good source it was just the 2006 650

1 - 3 of 3 Posts