Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I hope someone can help me out,I have a arctic cat 700efi it won't shift into 4 wheel drive,I took the cover off and Manually put it in 4 wheel drive and it switches fine to 2wheel drive but won't switch back to 4 wheel drive

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hi everyone I hope someone can help me out,I have a arctic cat 700efi it won't shift into 4 wheel drive,I took the cover off and Manually put it in 4 wheel drive and it switches fine to 2wheel drive but won't switch back to 4 wheel drive
welcome to the prowler site,great members we have on here,the cover you took off is the one down at the diff correct.that is the actuator you can take apart but you cant buy parts for that,you might try and unplug your connection and see if its dirty and put some diaelectric grease on it,but with it switching back to 2-wheel drive I doubt thats the problem.I believe that part is around the 250 dollar range,I might be wrong,let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If its an 08 to 2010 prowler your actuator is probably done for.. I had to replace mine last year.. the rubber on them tends to break down and water gets inside... there is no fix that I can think of.. just needs to be replaced. Mine was 250 bucks from AC.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My bets would be on the actuator.. very common in the pre 2011 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
700efi 4wheel drive problems

Thanks everyone for the input,put new actuator in today and that fixed the problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts