Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just bought a 2011 prowler last weekend. Went out today and tried to start it turned over several times then it would only click when I turned the key. Put the battery charger on it and went back out later turned on fuel pump cycled but still would only click once. Any thoughts I hope I just need a new battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
What charge amps did you give it?

Try to jump start it, with the car. That will get you pointed in the right direction.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Sure sounds like a battery issue.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
...check the battery, starter, and ignition terminals for corrosion and tightness, while you're checking the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Luck

Put a new battery in tonight and still nothing but one click when you turn the key to start it. I checked the wires on the starter and they appeared tight. Any thoughts my next step I guess is either take it in for repair or try replacing starter.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Put a new battery in tonight and still nothing but one click when you turn the key to start it. I checked the wires on the starter and they appeared tight. Any thoughts my next step I guess is either take it in for repair or try replacing starter.
Check your ground wire that goes to your cvt case,also it's a good Idea to run a ground from negative side of battery to the frame,12 or 14 gauge wire will work,I would take your starter off and check it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yeah next step is take the starter off and check it on the floor for proper operation.

Also if you have a push button remote starter hook that up and try as it will eliminate everything on the machine wiring wise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts