Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took motor in for oil leak where it was silicned together found worn cases scuffed piston very worn crank 702 miles what is up with that

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the site. Thats unusual in any case, but hadn't heard of any probs with the mud pro. From what i've heard this is a strong reliable motor. If anybody can help you out, these guys can.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Or lack there of "oil"

How low was the level?
I would say due to the oil leak that the machine was ran low on oil, which caused all the wear and tear on your internals.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Or lack there of "oil"

How low was the level?
I would say due to the oil leak that the machine was ran low on oil, which caused all the wear and tear on your internals.
Thats very possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
700 mudpro problems

The motor was not down any oil we figuered it was from over reving the oil had only 200 miles on it since the oil change
i see the new mudpros went bach to the 3.1 gear they are sending out a short block on sept 16 it has been raining here a lot 32 inches they say we have got this summer i want to drive my quad then i take it up north in saskachewan then i will see if can hold up like my 2006 650h1

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your gearing would not have caused this. The reason cat went to the 3.1 gears is cause they hold up better then the 4.0's. We have owned 4 MP's and have not had a problem with any of them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sounds to me like you might have a cracked intake boot and sucked in some gunk. There's a recall for that intake boot. check with you local dealer. A quick check you can do is look for cracks between the two hose clamps at the throttle body and the cylinder.
Do you run lots of water/mud ? or dusty roads ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mudpro problems

hey guys i found the cracked boot way before the recall it had some dirt in the oil the new gearing will bring down the rpmsbt about 1400 rpms you should be able to use low gear a little more with out hitting rev limiter m2007 700 cat revs quite a bit lower with the 3.1 gearing plus the mud we go in northeren sask is very heavy and musgeg like it works the **** out of the quads

1 - 11 of 11 Posts