Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on my engine and looked at a Dynatek ECU. I noticed that they have suggested the possibility of needing a bigger flow fuel injector. The stock part number is 0470-762. Does anyone know of the flow on these? Is there another fuel injector that could be used? Looked at a 1000, but they carry a different part number, and I think if anything they would be smaller due to 2 being used. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Working on my engine and looked at a Dynatek ECU. I noticed that they have suggested the possibility of needing a bigger flow fuel injector. The stock part number is 0470-762. Does anyone know of the flow on these? Is there another fuel injector that could be used? Looked at a 1000, but they carry a different part number, and I think if anything they would be smaller due to 2 being used. Thanks in advance!
RD I was reading about some mods on my injector on my 750 king quad,a lot of guys are using a 109 injector from a 1100 Suzuki street bike,I bet a injector for an xtz would work,its not gonna have the same part number,cause the xtz injector is bigger.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that 109 listed, and I'm waiting for dynatek to open tomorrow to ask them what they recommend. May not need anything!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a decent Bosch Product guide and how to size injectors! They go by Displacement of a cylinder, and projected horsepower! looks like a stock 700 would have a FI that would be rated at 24lbs per hour. Still have not been able to confirm! Time to learn about fuel mapping and FI ! LOL

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a source for a Fuel Injector! And they do recommend a Suzuki injector. Hopefully it will be here this week! As it stands now, my engine is border line lean. I had to pick between my fuel controller, or the ECU that advances timing, and raise the rev limit to 8,300 RPM. They would not work together! The Dynatek unit is working great, and it is programmable, just need the software. This is what I ordered.

LTR 450 - KEIHIN 450cc, 550cc, 225cc OEM ReplacementBrand New Keihin, direct-fit, high-performance fuel injectors for Suzuki LT450R

• Ready to install
  • For modified and OEM stock-equivalent (225cc)
  • Complete with all new o-rings and/or rubber grommets
  • Choose your flow-rate using drop-down menu (450cc, 550cc)
3 Flow Rates:
1. (OEM flow rate is 225 cc/min)

2. 450 cc/min at 43.5 PSI (3.0 BAR)
3. 550 cc/min at 43.5 PSI (3.0 BAR)

Resistance: 12.2 Ohms
Voltage: 8-15 Volts, Nominal 13.5 Volts
Amperage: 1.0 Amps
Excellent atomization for high compression engines.
Pressure: Min. 36 PSI (2.5 bar), Max. 101 PSI (7 bar)
Surface finish: black composite
LTR 450, LT450R

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Found a source for a Fuel Injector! And they do recommend a Suzuki injector. Hopefully it will be here this week! As it stands now, my engine is border line lean. I had to pick between my fuel controller, or the ECU that advances timing, and raise the rev limit to 8,300 RPM. They would not work together! The Dynatek unit is working great, and it is programmable, just need the software. This is what I ordered.

LTR 450 - KEIHIN 450cc, 550cc, 225cc OEM ReplacementBrand New Keihin, direct-fit, high-performance fuel injectors for Suzuki LT450R

• Ready to install
  • For modified and OEM stock-equivalent (225cc)
  • Complete with all new o-rings and/or rubber grommets
  • Choose your flow-rate using drop-down menu (450cc, 550cc)
3 Flow Rates:
1. (OEM flow rate is 225 cc/min)

2. 450 cc/min at 43.5 PSI (3.0 BAR)
3. 550 cc/min at 43.5 PSI (3.0 BAR)

Resistance: 12.2 Ohms
Voltage: 8-15 Volts, Nominal 13.5 Volts
Amperage: 1.0 Amps
Excellent atomization for high compression engines.
Pressure: Min. 36 PSI (2.5 bar), Max. 101 PSI (7 bar)
Surface finish: black composite
LTR 450, LT450R
On the 2013 king quad 750 they recommend a 109 injector from a 1100 Suzuki street bike,if you get the Ecu re-mapped,with mine being a 2014 it already has the bigger injector,but the also put emissions on my 2014 model 2 spark plugs on a single cylinder,and a catalytic converter.the second plug is to burn what fuel the main plug dont........

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Injector installed! Came in today at noon, and installed by 12:30! Finishing putting the covers back on, ran it for awhile to make sure fuel is not leaking anywhere!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New injector is already to run! Planning a ride tomorrow, idle RPM picked up 50 to 100 RPM. Engine is much smoother at idle. The factory Injector is rated at 325CC (from what I can find!), new injector is 450CC. Will pull the plug after the ride to see what the plug will tell me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts