Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , my buddy just bought a new 2010 xtx 700 , firs ride last night , as soon he gets in the snow and the wheels start spinning the motor cut's off like if the rev limiter would come on right away:eek:. any ideas?, he will bring back to dealer but it is always fun to have a heads up by experinced cat owners so he might have a clue on what is the problem

·
Registered
491 Posts
most likely it is the rev limiter if the wheels are spinning . was it in low ? you can easliler hit the rev limter in low and spinning tires

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not sure if they are the same but on the Yamaha Grizzly 700's when the reverse limit switch goes bad it messed up the forward gears as well.

But then again it should be on dry or in snow unless moisture is shorting it out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It could be that some snow got into a electrial connector on one of the sensors and is shorting out the sensor. I was running in the snow once and the efi light came on in the dash, so I brought it in the shop overnight to dry it all up, then put dielectic grease in every connector on the machine, never had a problem since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts