Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixed the so called parking brake on my 2009 700 xtx. I put a line lock like sandchris put on his 650. I had Adam make me adapters to go from banjo fittings to steel brake lines, put one on the master cyclinder and one on the brake line to the rear brake. Ran the steel lines to the line lock blead the brakes and it works like a charm. No more ajusting the parking brake or re clocking the arm. I installed it where the brake relese for the stock parking brake was, I also removed the dog from the stock parking brake and left the pedal and cable hocked up just in case i blow a brake line i can still lock up the rear wheels. Thanks Adam for your help

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a few pics, If you need any help with this PM me and i will try to help

Attachments

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Very smart using the hard line. That is the best spot in my opinion for mounting the park loc too. Very cool to remove all the excess weight of that mechanical parking brake. Another sneaky thing to do is to use a front caliper for the parking brake with the park loc. The front ones are just a touch lighter and do not have all the junk that you don't need anymore hanging off of em.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very smart using the hard line. That is the best spot in my opinion for mounting the park loc too. Very cool to remove all the excess weight of that mechanical parking brake. Another sneaky thing to do is to use a front caliper for the parking brake with the park loc. The front ones are just a touch lighter and do not have all the junk that you don't need anymore hanging off of em.
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frank whats with the diamond plate behind the shocks? Some sort of splash shield? Got any wide shots?
i installed them after i was riding in the hills and trails we ride on, one day a stick got between the radiator and the oil cooler and all most tore the oil cooler out of the machine, it moved it back about 6 inches but did not tear a hole in it, so i installed them to protect the oil cooler. I thought it mite make the machine run a little hot but does not seem to. Here are the pics you wanted.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts