Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site, must say some very good information here!

I have a '09 700XTX EFI and after letting it thaw out after being completely froze up it will not idle at all, have to keep your foot on the throttle to keep it running. Anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping there is just a sensor that got wet causing the problem.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
95 Posts
when you say "completely froze up" do you mean the coolant lines and everything were frozen???? cause you could be into a cracked block. how is your plug??? water in the gas???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry should have clarified..the coolant was not frozen but I had the throttle cable and air box froze up, now that they have thawed out I can't get the machine to idle. Runs fine when I get it started it just won't idle. I will check the plug. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did the airbox fill with snow? Maybe the filter is full of snow, These machine are sensitive as far as filters, even over oiling the filter will make it idle bad!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tps

Did the airbox fill with snow? Maybe the filter is full of snow, These machine are sensitive as far as filters, even over oiling the filter will make it idle bad!
If you got that much moisture in there, you may have caused a problem with the TPS I would have that checked out at the dealer. If it does not clear up after drying out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i'm new to the site, must say some very good information here!

I have a '09 700xtx efi and after letting it thaw out after being completely froze up it will not idle at all, have to keep your foot on the throttle to keep it running. Anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping there is just a sensor that got wet causing the problem.

Thanks for any info!
mine does the same thing 09 xtx 700efi change the plug. Mine goes thru plugs like crazy mabey 200kms per plug the machine will be working great then u shut it off and the next time you start it won't idle change the plug and its good for another 200 km if any one has an idea i'd like to here it .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you solved the problem ? If not you may need the TPS reset and after that you will need to have the ISC motor re-initialized. This needs to be done by your dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info! Turned out the TPS needed to be reset. Local dealer had it done in about a half hour. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts