Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Prowler's sides are open. The fuel tank and everything between the floor board and the skid plate is open. Has anyone bought these? And what do you think of them. Is anything else available? I could make some easy enough, but I like these. Plus, why not dump another $108 into it! :rolleyes:
Arctic Cat Prowler Side Guards – awesomeoffroad.com

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
I built mine also, I ordered the diamond plate from Metal Depot, and cut them with my circular saw with an old carbide tipped blade, used the old one as a template. When I cut aluminum, I use a guide to keep my cuts straight.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I still have my stockers, but they are getting beat up pretty good. I've had to take them to the vice and straighten them once. I don't know that I'd spend that much money on something that is gonna get beat up again. I like the diamond plate idea. Cheap and probably looks nice.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Works pretty good! I buy all of my aluminum from Metal Depot on line. I can order just what I want, and shipped to my house! I found a sheet of diamond plate at LOWES 2X4' they wanted 80 plus for it!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went out to a buddies that owns a machine shop and had him make me some from scrap 1/8" diamond plate steel. The measurements are 27 1/4 long by 9 1/4 wide. We put a 45 degree bend down 8 1/4 inches to wrap up under the stock center skid plate. He said no charge, I put $20 on the dash of his truck and thank you note. Got them in the garage warming up to clean, prime and spray flat black. I still can't believe that mine didn't have them on it from the factory. Of course, it was missing the center skid plate when I got it, too. :confused: Who knows...

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just went out to a buddies that owns a machine shop and had him make me some from scrap 1/8" diamond plate steel. The measurements are 27 1/4 long by 9 1/4 wide. We put a 45 degree bend down 8 1/4 inches to wrap up under the stock center skid plate. He said no charge, I put $20 on the dash of his truck and thank you note. Got them in the garage warming up to clean, prime and spray flat black. I still can't believe that mine didn't have them on it from the factory. Of course, it was missing the center skid plate when I got it, too. :confused: Who knows...
Those look perfect. Have your buddy crank out a dozen or so of those and make a few bucks!

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
They look good!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Mine didn't have any either when I bought it, I made some out of diamond plate also.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There we go, a quick scuff, and spray. I'll toss them on tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Cool! I used the same material for my belly pan under the engine, split it in half and remove the section under the oil drain plug. Keeps the mess to a minimum!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Those look great Bryan,I also made my own with Diamond plate Aluminum.....I got an awesome hook up on aluminum.......I used 3/16 smooth aluminum under my seats and did away with the plastic ones.......

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
I try to keep my aluminum down to 1/8", my brake will handle that and anything thicker really strains the brake. Been using the same brake for over 20 years!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We used his tiny 200 ton Standard press, curled them like they were Play-Doh! He has one that's just frickin huge. He builds the framework and tables for Genesis System's robotics products. Fantastic guy! He does all the custom work for my boat spoilers and air entrapments. And will be building my next generation fender hangers. www.ezfender.com Right now they are milled from billet, we are going to start an extrusion line. So, he's a good guy to have as a buddy!

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Sure sounds like it! Great to have friends!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts