Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the interest and questions on the dust shield, I looked up the parts that would complete the project. Keep in mind that the pricing is from the Arctic Cat Store.

Panel-Seat assembly #2516-094 $213.29
Seat Base-Right #2406-910 $ 38.46
Seat-Base-Left #2406-911 $ 38.46
Splash Panel-Right #2416-270 $ 62.99
Splash Panel-Left #2416-271 $ 62.99

I used the Assembly, and seat bases on my conversion as I wanted access to behind the seat base for electrical components, but my 09 seat bases could be used with some modification. I did not use the Splash Panels as I trimmed mine to fit the new Panel assembly. Mine were trimmed about 1 1/2" off of the horizontal surface. If you plan on doing this conversion, I would recommend starting with the Panel assembly and see what on your Prowler can be modified to fit and order the additional parts as needed. Hope this is helpful....................RD

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Great thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Well after picking up the full cab enclosure I've read some complaints about noise and maybe some dust coming up from behind the seats and cab. So looks like I might be doing this modification sooner than later to hopefully reduce some noise and dust...... Looks like the modifications never end....:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happy to report that the dust shield did reduce the dust, and noise levels in the cab. Cruising at 35-40 and I thought there was something wrong with my machine! What a difference, didn't have to use the air hose to clean off with!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
If I attempt this project will I need to replace the factory air intakes on the "07 650?
0513-028-Duct, Air-In $24.29

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how the 06 air box is setup, if you can update to the later style individual duct work it would work. I left my clutch air intake in the stock location, just cut a hole in the panel, but it is below the bed seal. Also cut a hole for my air intake snorkel, again no problem as it is below the bed seal also. All parts are available per item, or as a complete kit.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Not trying to butt in but I just went to the 2010 intake set up for the pre filter and left the cvt alone.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe, thanks for the info! I'm not that familiar with the 650 Prowlers and any help from you is always appreciated! Thanks ..................RD

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If I attempt this project will I need to replace the factory air intakes on the "07 650?
0513-028-Duct, Air-In $24.29
I kind of have the same question. I just recently installed a Uni pre-filter directly off of the back of my airbox and eliminated the intake duct work. Will this setup work with the new rear panels or will it interfere? Will I need the 2010 intake duct listed above on my 2006? Does anybody know what the 2010 duct work size is for the pre-filter? Wondered if my new Uni 4229ST would still work on the 2010 duct work if needed? My Uni filter is for piping that is 2 1/4" OD (ID on the filter).

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I kind of have the same question. I just recently installed a Uni pre-filter directly off of the back of my airbox and eliminated the intake duct work. Will this setup work with the new rear panels or will it interfere? Will I need the 2010 intake duct listed above on my 2006? Does anybody know what the 2010 duct work size is for the pre-filter? Wondered if my new Uni 4229ST would still work on the 2010 duct work if needed? My Uni filter is for piping that is 2 1/4" OD (ID on the filter).
I think you would have to cut your seat base out for the filter access or buy a seat base for a 2010,or you could cut the back of the panel out for your filter to fit through,or you might not have to do anything,not sure............

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think you would have to cut your seat base out for the filter access or buy a seat base for a 2010,or you could cut the back of the panel out for your filter to fit through,or you might not have to do anything,not sure............
I was wondering if I could just leave the filter hooked up directly to the back of the box. But not sure if the 2010 panel would be in the way. The filter doesn't stick out too far. Where it is at now, the seat panels will have no affect on it. I know the 2010 setup has the filter behind the seat access panel, but technically I wouldn't need to worry about that as long as I can keep it where it is at off the box.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I was wondering if I could just leave the filter hooked up directly to the back of the box. But not sure if the 2010 panel would be in the way. The filter doesn't stick out too far. Where it is at now, the seat panels will have no affect on it. I know the 2010 setup has the filter behind the seat access panel, but technically I wouldn't need to worry about that as long as I can keep it where it is at off the box.
That's what I meant you might not have to do anything to your filter.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I talked to one of my buddies back in AZ today. They said they rode in a side-x-side last year that had a full cab (I think it was a Polaris Ranger, but not 100% sure). Anyway, they said the dust inside the cab was really bad. Said they were choking out. So I'd say it is almost definite that I will be doing this modification now....

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Leaving the uni-filter on the back of the air box would be an option, worse case you would need to make a hole for the filter to go through if it interferes with the panel. I don't see that as a major concern as it would be below the bed to seat back dust seal. The 2010 duct work is the same diameter as your air box. As I posted before, we went riding the other day, kicked up a lot of dust and little or none can in the cab. I had my full windshield and top on. We used to come home and blow each other off with the air hose, not so now!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Might hold off on this project for a while my wife wanted one of these things to play in the garden, $379 but we got a free wheel kit (not sure how free that was).
STIHL MM 55 C-E YARD BOSS® - HomeScaper Series
I got one of those in a TROYBUILT,got it last year, works darn good,a lot easier to full with than the big tiller,IF you have a small garden.:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
RD, is the only real change from the old seat pans to the new the air filter access hole? So if you don't care about that, the old seat pans would work fine?

Also, I've never seen the need to run snorkels because I don't run in deep water. However, after having my cvt open again, dang it gets dirty in there. Just doesn't seem right. So I can see how you guys having your snorkels running up to clean air could help that. Do you think the 2010 back panel would be enough to help keep the cvt a lot cleaner?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts