Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've tried using the search feature but can't seem to find the procedure for pulling codes up.

I've tried the words: code, codes, retrieving, and many other variations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you don't have the plug, jump the blue/red wire to black with a paper clip or similar object

ECU Error Codes
If a sensor fails or an out-of-tolerance signal is sensed by the ECU, an error code will be generated by the ECU. This will result in the analog needle swinging full scale. The EFI icon will flash.
To read the error code(s), use the following procedure:
1. Make sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position; then remove the seats.
2. Locate the diagnostic plug next to the PDM; then remove the black rubber cap.
3. Connect the Test Plug from Test Plug/Error Code List to the diagnostic plug.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and read the error code on the LCD. Refer to the following ECU Error Code List to identify the specific problem area.
ECU Error Code List
NOTE: Each of the following numerical codes will have a two-letter prefix. A prefix of AC (Active Code) or SC (Stored Code) will be displayed.
Always correct and clear Active Codes before clearing Stored Codes.

• 00 = No Fault Detected (active code only)
• 12 = CKP (Crankshaft Position) Sensor*
• 13 = APS (Air Pressure Sensor) - H1
• 13 = MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor - H2
• 14 = TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)
• 15 = ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) Sensor
• 16 = Speed Sensor
• 21 = IAT (Inlet Air Temperature) Sensor
• 23 = Tilt Sensor*
• 24 = Ignition Coil #1*
• 26 = Ignition Coil #2* - H2
• 32 = Fuel Injector #1*
• 34 = Fuel Injector #2* - H2
• 40 = ISC (Idle Speed Control) Valve
• 41 = Fuel Pump Relay*
• 60 = Cooling Fan Relay
• 95 = Sensor Power
• 96 = Incorrect ECU*
• 97 = ECU Memory Power (constant battery power)
• 98 = ECU to Gauge Comm Link - H2
• 99 = Start/Run Not Possible (active code only)
*Will initiate code 99.
After all stored codes are cleared, clear the error code(s) using the following procedure.
NOTE: The ignition switch should be in the OFF position.
1. With the test plug connected to the diagnostic plug and the drive select switch in the 4WD position, hold the reverse override switch down and turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. After ten seconds, release the reverse override switch and turn the ignition switch to the OFF position; then turn the ignition switch to the ON position. The display should read AC00 (no fault detected).
NOTE: If the LCD still displays an error code, continue troubleshooting the appropriate component.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Krom
Thank you very much.

No issues with mine but it's nice to know how to access them if I should need to.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
THANKS , copied to hard drive ... question are the codes shown for all Cats ?? or model specific [my assumption is all models]

If you don't have the plug, jump the blue/red wire to black with a paper clip or similar object

ECU Error Codes
If a sensor fails or an out-of-tolerance signal is sensed by the ECU, an error code will be generated by the ECU. This will result in the analog needle swinging full scale. The EFI icon will flash.
To read the error code(s), use the following procedure:
1. Make sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position; then remove the seats.
2. Locate the diagnostic plug next to the PDM; then remove the black rubber cap.
3. Connect the Test Plug from Test Plug/Error Code List to the diagnostic plug.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and read the error code on the LCD. Refer to the following ECU Error Code List to identify the specific problem area.
ECU Error Code List
NOTE: Each of the following numerical codes will have a two-letter prefix. A prefix of AC (Active Code) or SC (Stored Code) will be displayed.
Always correct and clear Active Codes before clearing Stored Codes.

• 00 = No Fault Detected (active code only)
• 12 = CKP (Crankshaft Position) Sensor*
• 13 = APS (Air Pressure Sensor) - H1
• 13 = MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor - H2
• 14 = TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)
• 15 = ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) Sensor
• 16 = Speed Sensor
• 21 = IAT (Inlet Air Temperature) Sensor
• 23 = Tilt Sensor*
• 24 = Ignition Coil #1*
• 26 = Ignition Coil #2* - H2
• 32 = Fuel Injector #1*
• 34 = Fuel Injector #2* - H2
• 40 = ISC (Idle Speed Control) Valve
• 41 = Fuel Pump Relay*
• 60 = Cooling Fan Relay
• 95 = Sensor Power
• 96 = Incorrect ECU*
• 97 = ECU Memory Power (constant battery power)
• 98 = ECU to Gauge Comm Link - H2
• 99 = Start/Run Not Possible (active code only)
*Will initiate code 99.
After all stored codes are cleared, clear the error code(s) using the following procedure.
NOTE: The ignition switch should be in the OFF position.
1. With the test plug connected to the diagnostic plug and the drive select switch in the 4WD position, hold the reverse override switch down and turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. After ten seconds, release the reverse override switch and turn the ignition switch to the OFF position; then turn the ignition switch to the ON position. The display should read AC00 (no fault detected).
NOTE: If the LCD still displays an error code, continue troubleshooting the appropriate component.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Applies to all EFI arctic cat machines that do not automatically display the trouble codes. (only the 450 and the newest 2011 1000's display the codes)

·
Registered
62 Posts
new code not listed?

My 2011 XTZ1000 is throwin me a code and its not listed in any of these forums. Can someone shed some light?

P0635 is the warning..

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Power steering code. AC said that you have to keep the battery charged up to close to full as you can. I'm going to either run another battery in line or just ditch the stock one for a better brand. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
P0635 is a power steering code.
The EPS system is battery-system powered; therefore, the battery must be in good condition and fully charged.
Power delivery and overload protection is provided by an EPS relay and 30-amp fuse, located under the seat in the Power Distribution Module (PDM).
If a system malfunction occurs, a malfunction code “P0635” will be displayed on the LCD gauge. Initially, the gauge will go blank for 30 seconds and the code will
flash: then the gauge will return to normal except the code will continue to be displayed.
The following is a list of conditions that can generate a malfunction code. All conditions with the exception of item 5 are external to the EPS assembly and therefore can be cleared without replacement of the EPS assembly.
Make sure to thoroughly troubleshoot the entire system before replacing the EPS assembly.
Malfunction code P0635 will appear if one of the following
six conditions occur:
1. Battery system power failure:
A. 30 amp EPS fuse blown
B. EPS relay failure
C. EPS voltage less than 8.5 DC volts for more than two seconds

2. Ignition switch ON for more than five minutes with the engine not running

3. Vehicle Speed Signal Malfunction (engine speed must exceed 2700 RPM for more than 60 seconds to generate a malfunction code - timer resets if engine drops below 2700 RPM).
A. Diode defective (open or shorted)
B. Diode not installed
C. Diode installed in reverse
D. Speed sensor defective
E. Speed sensor signal erratic
F. Speed sensor signal present but without tachometer signal
G. Speed sensor power from LCD gauge interrupted
H. Incorrect LCD gauge installed

4. Engine Speed Signal Malfunction (vehicle speed must exceed 5 MPH for more than two seconds - timer resets if speed drops below 5 MPH.
A. No engine speed signal
B. Erratic engine speed signal

5. EPS Control Circuit Malfunction

6. Engine Stop Switch in Stop position with Ignition Key switch ON.

·
Registered
288 Posts
On this subject I read that if your machine starts having problems while on a ride you can plug in your code reader and it will take your system to a basic mode and sometimes you could drive it back to camp. Where is a good place to get the code reader. I also read you can get the code reader for $14 but not where to get it. I want one.
DON~~~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts