Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is a proper place go this but I feel that I have made many friends on this forum. We were at our cabin close to manistee mi. Over the weekend of the Super Bowl. My son Reese was riding his snowmobile when a 34 year old woman got behind him to take a ride. They went 150 feet or so and struck a tree. My son reese and the woman were flown life flight to Grand rapids hospital. The lady was released last wednesday after lower jaw surgery and is expected to make a full recovery. My son however is still in critical but now stable condition. He was wearing all of his gear as well as a helmet. Reese has been riding his dirt bike his quad and snowmobile for almost 3 years. Hell he even drives our XTZ with me next to him. The doctors say he does have some brain damage but to what extent is unsure. So in closing I am please asking for everyone to keep Reese in your hearts and prayers and I will try to update as I can. This forum has become a staple for me and like an extended family. Stay safe everyone and tell your family's you love them often. Thanks you all Donnie.

·
Registered
282 Posts
sad story. Amazing how fast life can change when accidents happen. thoughts and prayers with reese and your family. hoping he makes a full recovery.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your son Reese. We wish him a speedy recovery and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during these tough times. Please let us know how Reese is doing and hang in there.

Sincerely,

Todd

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Very Sorry, My Family will pray for yours.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
my prayers are wiyh you and your son...

·
Registered
22 Posts
As a fire medic, im so glad to hear all safety gear was worn....time and time again we run horrific accidents where patients arnt so lucky. Prayers are with you and family!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'll be thinking of you and your family often and hope for his speedy recovery. Keep positive and know all our thoughts are with you guys. Keep us updated, I know he will pull through.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well we hit a bump in the road. His right coroded artery has been separated with no blood flow. Although his left side is feeding his brain with oxygen and blood. The doctors said it requires no surgery and should be ok. They did find brain shearing which is so scary. They tried to remove the vent last night but had to put it back in. They are gonna try again on Monday and if not they may have to install a trach. That should be temp. Please continue the prayers and keep him in your hearts. Thank you Donnie

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well my little man today is doing great. he only has a maintenance PIC line. he is urinating himself. breathing on his own and keeping great numbers. OT and PT visited this morning. he was able to squeeze their hand on command opened his eyes on command and wiggle his toes on command. they moved him to the edge of the bed and he was able to stand on his right leg for a couple seconds with support from the nurses. The nurses ask him to give her high five and he did with both hands that was totally amazing. we went to church last night with one of the most powerful services that I had ever attended in my whole entire life. I want to thank everybody in Grand Rapids for the great hospitality that we have been given. my family and friends for all their support. I love all of you and I thank all of you for your prayers. they are working toward getting him to a rehabilitation hospital as early as Monday of next week. Donnie*

1 - 20 of 35 Posts