Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the site and have many problems with my prowler ,but right now the biggest thing is the acuator on the front diff is constantly running.It shows on the dash that it goes in and out of 4wd but it constantly running when key is turned to just aux. Anyone else had this problem ? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the actuator is constantly making the sound .Its not doing it every now and then,its a constant sound like a solenoid is stuck or its grounding out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no deep mud or water just a little trail riding is all I mainly do.Prowler is stored out in the weather ,though.Ill check the switch tommorow .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked switch ,wiring , and fuses and still doing same thing.To close to deer season to put in shop.Any other ideas about what might be causing the problem ?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
checked switch ,wiring , and fuses and still doing same thing.To close to deer season to put in shop.Any other ideas about what might be causing the problem ?[Did you unplug the switch? Or could be a short to power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unplugged switch and it kept making sound of engaging traced wiring all the way back to solenoid at the battery and did not notice any bare or pinched wires.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Wow that is wierd.When you take the power away from the solenoid the the 4wd should disengage. Are you sure it is getting out of 4wd?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know it sounds wierd ,but I did unplugged the 4x4 switch . I was kinda dumbfounded myself . As far as if it is engaging or disengaging ,I dont know just going by the dash indicator and it is reading 4wd when I switch it on and it goes out when I switch it to 2wd .

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Oh it is going in and out on the display in the dash? And you are not sure about the diff? Now that kinda makes sense if you unplugged the switch. I just wonder if it does not have a broke wire or bare wire that is making it do that on the display. Anyway to get it good and dried out? Like getting it out of the weather and letting some fans blow on and around the display and harness area?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No the display is fine. acuator located on the front differential is making the noise. the noise is the same as when you engage or disengage the 4wd ,but instead of engaging and stopping it is a constant noise

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have to agree with Chris sounds like you have actuator problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts