Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I am runnin the Ron Woods exhaust and staker intake. The system is really aggressive and deffinetly sounds awsome.

But, to do an intake and exhaust, and get the gain we are looking for you have to add a fuel controller.

Here is what i am using currently

Power Commander Product Information

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
I saw your Prowler at Prestige yesterday when I bought my XTZ. That is going to be one wild ride my friend!!!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I know there is a newer power commander available, and i expect that will happen every year or so.

So Brandon at the Pro Shop set it up Dyno ed it several times and set it to 12.5 to 13 fuel air/fuel ration. So went out and i ran it for a while. The Prowler ran great, always started no complaints. Lots of torq to pull up over bumps and stuff. maybe lost a little top end no sure just yet. hard to do 70plus were I was riding, and thats what it did stock pretty dam easily But it seems to be faster.

So my question is am i done with this modification? I did get a gain but I am not sure how much or if I should be doing some more tunning?

This is were my knowledge ends,, I expected 10hp gain especially with how corked up the engine looked.

Any suggestions would be awesome!! Even if you just want to spill some wisdom, I have read the SideXSide mag with the write up by Hunterworks and it showed me there is a lot i do not know about Dialing these things in.

Do I need a Ignition module add on?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw your Prowler at Prestige yesterday when I bought my XTZ. That is going to be one wild ride my friend!!!
thank you!! they are doing a hell of a job on that thing!!! I will try not to disappoint them with my driving skills

·
Registered
278 Posts
thank you!! they are doing a hell of a job on that thing!!! I will try not to disappoint them with my driving skills

You'll do great! I'm thinkin' about the Muzzy duals myself......

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll do great! I'm thinkin' about the Muzzy duals myself......

Muzzy's are awesome, what kind of gain would you expect from them?

I saw that there were some guys trying to set a dyno race with muzzy and Ron woods on a Rhino or rotax or something like that, i dont think it ever happened.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No idea on the gains. Nobody seems to want to post (or even run) dyno results. I do believe the Muzzys will be decent though.....far better than the clogged up stock silencer. Also, Muzzy is the only one I've seen with a bung for measuring air/fuel ratio.
For the price, the Bikeman Performance pipe looks good, but again, no dyno and no past history.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep I saw that on their web site, that looks like a complete package.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have been doing alot of research on intakes, exhaust and turbos lately. The guys from darkside made me a intake similar that we took to the dyno and we gained decent horse. With the stock air box im at 54.39 and after we swithed to the new one we were at 60 to 61. Muzzy says that there exhaust will give you 10 percent increase in horse. I also looked at the ron woods set up and it looks good too. Just dont know to much about them so please let us know how it works. Might just save up get a turbo... Mcx or Boondockers? who makes a better product? thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
i still think that Jims method and phatcat (wheres he been?) is probably the best..the dual controllers look like you will get a major increase in HP/Trq. Sorry, didnt see that this was an exhaust thread..argghh!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i still think that Jims method and phatcat (wheres he been?) is probably the best..the dual controllers look like you will get a major increase in HP/Trq. Sorry, didnt see that this was an exhaust thread..argghh!

Split dont swet it,the controllers go hand in hand with the exhaust. When you say dual controllers. Which ones are they using? do you know.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Jim said ones off the xt700 i think ....i think phatcat was using the same setup...I know that boondocker makes one for the xtz but its cha ching$$$.i would just buy a used controller, run a second throttle cable and go..:rolleyes: Whens Mike gonna be done with your ride glam? only got like 2 months til the dunes cool down,..haha:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jim said ones off the xt700 i think ....i think phatcat was using the same setup...I know that boondocker makes one for the xtz but its cha ching$$$.i would just buy a used controller, run a second throttle cable and go..:rolleyes: Whens Mike gonna be done with your ride glam? only got like 2 months til the dunes cool down,..haha:eek:
Ok I talked to jim about the dual throttle bodies, I think My prowler will be ready soon, we are doing a bunch of detail stuff right now and then back together for test riding

·
Registered
861 Posts
oops yeah. throttle bodies.. :D the turbo guys quoted me 600 for the boondocker.. I am not sure all that is gonna matter much if the clutching doesnt get figured out though, less you just care about tops speed...

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is a little dyno info from my arctic cat, according to what they are saying I am running close to the 70 rwhp after my intake and exhaust. i am still looking to do some spark arrestors to give it some back pressure.

I saw all these numbers and I would really like to have a before and after dyno numbers. I would also like to get my cat on another dyno, Any one in So cal have another dyno to test on?

Here is a post I cut and paste, posted by a friend with a Rotax 840

"here is a little help, I think. On a car dyno, not sure the maker, my stock rotax 800 dynoed at 52.9 which is what the specs say it should do and 39 on the dyno jet.

my 840 put down 54 on the dyno jet, that's a increaese of 15 rwhp

rick's cat laid down the same # on the dyno jet,"

so I am assuming I am in the close to 70 rwhp now

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have you actually got to drive it I read the whole thread again and the only thing said other than numbers is that the bottom felt good but you may have lost some up to. If you started around 55 and think you are up near 70 you will really know there is alot more on top? So let us know what you figured out

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have not gotten to drive my ride very much with the whole set up. And you are right, i would expect a bigger seat of the pant feeling. And i have not gotten that big of a difference just yet. More to come, my ride is almost done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts