Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody purchaced a boondockers turbo kit? Or a speedwerks dry clutch kit for the 1000, or a speedwerks big bore kit. Looking to add horse power and any input would be great.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I dont think many people have done more than intake exhaust and fuel controller.
I am very anxious to see what mods make a real difference my self.
I wish I had extra money I would love to be the one that could let the forum know what make big power without reliabilty issuses.
As for now unless I hear of something that is the ideal setup I plan to run the dual tb setup a dynatek ignition controller and fuel controller of some sort kinda leaning toward the power commander V with auto tune. I am very interested in the clutch setup you mentioned though. As far as the big bore kit goes I really dont know how big a difference it will make because nobody knows the stock compression ratio, if stock is 10:1 then I dont think it is worth the money but if it is say 9.5 or less then we would see a nice gain. I was originally goin to buy a Teryx but went with the 1000 instead but I have to say they sure are making some power out of that 840 big bore setups. I would think that 1100 bbk with 11:1 would be great but the 840 kits for the teryx make there power from the cams from what I have read. So maybe that is what our engines need some big cams.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You might try to pm 1 phat cat on the dry clutch he has some info i think.I am sure you already know this but the dry clutch is little noisy.
Maybe take a look a flying 121's turbo setup?
Has anybody purchaced a boondockers turbo kit? Or a speedwerks dry clutch kit for the 1000, or a speedwerks big bore kit. Looking to add horse power and any input would be great.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
From what i have seen the 1000 needs head work and cams.Simple really if you have 950 cc's to start with and if you can get the heads to flow and some rpm it will outrun a 840 teryx.
I dont think many people have done more than intake exhaust and fuel controller.
I am very anxious to see what mods make a real difference my self.
I wish I had extra money I would love to be the one that could let the forum know what make big power without reliabilty issuses.
As for now unless I hear of something that is the ideal setup I plan to run the dual tb setup a dynatek ignition controller and fuel controller of some sort kinda leaning toward the power commander V with auto tune. I am very interested in the clutch setup you mentioned though. As far as the big bore kit goes I really dont know how big a difference it will make because nobody knows the stock compression ratio, if stock is 10:1 then I dont think it is worth the money but if it is say 9.5 or less then we would see a nice gain. I was originally goin to buy a Teryx but went with the 1000 instead but I have to say they sure are making some power out of that 840 big bore setups. I would think that 1100 bbk with 11:1 would be great but the 840 kits for the teryx make there power from the cams from what I have read. So maybe that is what our engines need some big cams.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh for sure the cat has all the potential to give an ass kickin to an 840 teryx. What I was trying to say is that the teryx guys have figured out the formula to make a good motor run excellent we need to figure out our formula to make a great motor an absolute beast.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
This is pretty accurate....Engines with flat torque curves like the AC 950 vtwin need more flow to make big numbers.
Option A: head work cams and exhaust and intake-fuel mods.Maybe some more compression
Down side for option A is the exhaust noise db's.And the cost for the return.
Option B: supercharger with fuel mods
Down side for option B is cost and race fuel if you are going to make any boost above 7-8 lbs with out taking some timing and maybe a little compression out.
Option C: turbo with fuel mods.Most efficient air flow power adder.Achieve 70-80 percent volumetric efficiency with out getting anal.No lost crank hp like from a supercharger.Nice and quiet like it is stock.
Down side for option C is cost if you are buying a kit.Race fuel if you plan on running big boost without taking timing and compression out.Oil supply and return.
With all of that being said some people will have different points of view than what i think.But dollar for dollar or dollar for hp the turbo is the way to go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am new here and new to the Prowler, but have been a hot rodder for years and my motto has always been "there's no replacement for displacement"!
I wonder if there are not complete cylinder assemblies that could be adapted to these engines? I'm sure a well tuned naturally asperated, say 1500+ cc engine size, would give these turbo units a run and still maintain reliabilty, and if a person ran the turbo on that setup.....well.........I'm just sayin...............LOL
Hammer

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would not be surprised if the 700 H1 jugs, heads, pistons and such would bolt up. This would give you 1400cc right there.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Now before you guys get ahead of yourselves here Dragon fire racing had a 1400 cc kit they were saying coming out for the xtz.It was on there website.
Also my little 840 thinks it is a 1680 with 15 lbs of boost.:D
I am new here and new to the Prowler, but have been a hot rodder for years and my motto has always been "there's no replacement for displacement"!
I wonder if there are not complete cylinder assemblies that could be adapted to these engines? I'm sure a well tuned naturally asperated, say 1500+ cc engine size, would give these turbo units a run and still maintain reliabilty, and if a person ran the turbo on that setup.....well.........I'm just sayin...............LOL
Hammer

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would not be surprised if the 700 H1 jugs, heads, pistons and such would bolt up. This would give you 1400cc right there.
Wow, I can't even imagine the $hit that would happened when ya "whacked" that setup!! LOL
Hammer

·
Registered
131 Posts
Now before you guys get ahead of yourselves here Dragon fire racing had a 1400 cc kit they were saying coming out for the xtz.It was on there website.
Also my little 840 thinks it is a 1680 with 15 lbs of boost.:D
How much fun would that be? Hee, hee, hee!!!
I would love a ride in your rig! WOO HOO !!! LOL
Hammer

·
Registered
131 Posts
That would be a wild ride I'm sure!! LOL
Hammer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts