Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I used the Ford Mustang Fog Light Kit with LED's, or HID's. I have the conversion kit for the HID's but have not added them yet. So far the light produced by the light kit has been great, I mounted them high so that may explain why they seem to work great. I found the kit on ebay and made mounting brackets for the light buckets.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
as of now, I have every light in my buggy hid or led I do not have 1 regular bulb in the machine and I do have a lot if lights and they don't draw hardly any amps lets see some pictures,,,,,,,we love pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I have HID for both fronts to install [all 4 will be HID] as well as the LED bar again yet to install … so when done it should have plenty of light on front and will install LED floods on back end also switched for work or back up, I have yet to buy those though,

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I have HID for both fronts to install [all 4 will be HID] as well as the LED bar again yet to install … so when done it should have plenty of light on front and will install LED floods on back end also switched for work or back up, I have yet to buy those though,
e bay has tons of them cheep!! in all shapes and sizes:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
thanks .. assume so will Amazon Prime .. got to many things to mount now so will get them caught up first .. starting to get some limber and use in the ol body again so soon will have to get started back out to garage. wish I had my shop down here lol it's heck living in 2 places and about to be one with a few times a year visit to the other .. wife to be don't like cold and snow so looks like we'll live here in Sparks/Reno.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks .. Assume so will amazon prime .. Got to many things to mount now so will get them caught up first .. Starting to get some limber and use in the ol body again so soon will have to get started back out to garage. Wish i had my shop down here lol it's heck living in 2 places and about to be one with a few times a year visit to the other .. Wife to be don't like cold and snow so looks like we'll live here in sparks/reno.
gary i was on amazon yesterday all kinds of led/hid lights cheap prices:):)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Brian, your lighting looks awesome! If I follow you I won't need lights!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I guess I better start using my Amazon card more and build up points for some free lights.:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i guess i better start using my amazon card more and build up points for some free lights.:d
mike i was on there yesterday and what i paid 70 dollars for amazon had them for 44 dollars,looking at a 20''light bar on there now for 119 dollars, reg price is 300 dollars. 120 watt 8000 lum, amp draw is 2.4 amps..........:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nice thing about the wild cat it comes with led lights. That said I had to mount halogens on it for night riding in the dust. with the led it is like driving in a snow storm. A wall of white.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Nice thing about the wild cat it comes with led lights. That said I had to mount halogens on it for night riding in the dust. with the led it is like driving in a snow storm. A wall of white.

never thought about that side of the equation …. spectrum or amount of white light ?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
well I'll have HID's mains and LED's [in light bar fashion for the LED's] for night rides so should be OK ???? Eh as my Canada friends say.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ordering my 20'' light bar today,I thought I was done buying,took a little advice from some members,I think where I have my light's mounted now they wont last long,I sold the lights last night....................now to take back off.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Xentec HID's in my stock low/high beam locations. Work fine for what I need.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts