Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will regular racecar highback racing seats fit on the prowler or is it necessary to buy the high dollar suspension seats. I guess i'm asking if they are a special size or something. The reason i'm asking is I have a new in box powered sub a guy is willing to trade for a newer set of racecar seats.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Your biggest issue with putting in any seats is that you only have 20 inches to work with width-wise. Most aftermarket seats are 22 inches wide. Twisted Stitch Vortex and Beard Super TZ's are about the only seats that fit without widening the seat area.
Also, keep in mind, most race car seats that aren't designed for off-road, are bucket style seats with no suspension designed in. There is quite a bit of arguing over which is better for off-roading, suspension style or bucket/non-suspension style seats. But over 90% of the off-road racers in the SCORE and BITD series use suspension style seats. So that should tell you something.
MasterCraft also makes an excellent seat, in fact, if I had to buy new seats again, they would be MasterCraft Seats without a doubt. I like my Beard Super TZ's also, but the quality of the MasterCrafts are way above them.
You really need to sit in several seats and see what is best for you. But stay away from the Checker Auto and Pep Boys Bucket Shell Seats...

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Neri Big Boy suspension seats also fit nice! They also have a standard seat that flares up higher on the sides. Just depends on what fits you better. Mario at Neri is a great guy.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I was able to put a Sparco race car seat into my XTZ but the car had to be made wider to fit them. These seats are a suspension seat as well and are made extra wide because most race car seats are very narrow and hard for any one above 185lbs to fit in. I am very happy with the seats but there is a lot of modification required to make them work.

Designed with styling cues from our collaboration with Lamborghini, the Chrono-Road will add performance, comfort, and style to any car. Full suspension bottom, generous sizing and aggressive bolstering are sure to make the Chrono-Road a popular choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those seats look just like the ones I can get but this guy says they are Butlerbuilt brand. Can a person with a little junk in their trunk fit in those?

·
Registered
8 Posts
just bought it 2 weeks ago havent rode it.got it home made the doors,cage and put seats in.im racing it in a local hare scramble series this year in stock class hopefully i can run with the rzrs.sending the clutch down to airdam after i get back from testing it out in arkansas in 3 weeks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts