1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I would go with a shop or recommendation from someone who has tried the springs and like them.

There are so many better deals out there, but i have learned my lesson with the R&D and basically its less expensive if someone else does it first.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ya I agree with Glamisprowler. Those springs will lift you car but they are hard as a rock. I ran them on a honda rincon with 28" 589s it rode hard but could get thru some deep mud.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would go with a shop or recommendation from someone who has tried the springs and like them.

There are so many better deals out there, but i have learned my lesson with the R&D and basically its less expensive if someone else does it first.[/quo t Just because Highlifter does not OVERPRICE their stuff like most others does not mean their stuff does not work as good, So many of you guys help feed the rip off utv parts market by paying the high prices that you will keep the prices as high as they are. As I have said before you pay more for a rollcage and suspension parts for a utv than my drag car that I had. As long as people keep buying the overpriced utv parts the higher the prices will be.

·
Registered
463 Posts
joes I couldnt agree more with you on that. The last time I priced a cage for a drag car it was about half the price for chromoly that some want for mild steel UTV cage. I was just saying Ive used those springs and there just to stiff. The QA-1 springs from Summit would be a better choice.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
joes I couldnt agree more with you on that. The last time I priced a cage for a drag car it was about half the price for chromoly that some want for mild steel UTV cage. I was just saying Ive used those springs and there just to stiff. The QA-1 springs from Summit would be a better choice.
H
Dont you have an XTZ the shock are not the same as an XTX? Also I have bought some of the overpriced stuff and I dont like the fit and quality of the stuff and because I dont want to be attacked I wont say what I bought and from who. People need to NOT buy the overpriced stuff and you will see the prices come down. BOSTON TEA PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Well I am looking for a good performing spring and shock. ANd I know I have overpayed in the past for sure.

I ran Walkereven shocks on my Rhino and I still do today. They have been rebuilt and revalved. They work great, my wife goes right through the whoops with out slowing down. That was the goal. These shocks are my favorite I have used so far. I have gone big jumping with these shocks and no issues. Four season now on these shocks.

I currently run Fox shocks on my Arctic Cat. The fox shocks were much less exspenive than the Walker Evans. And I like the three different adjustments of the Fox shocks and in the end they should do much better for me. I run a 350 lb spring in the fox shocks.

I would call Mike at Prestige or Chris at Benchmark, they seem to know how to set up a suspension system for the Utv's that is as good as you can get.

On that ebay add is the $150.95 for a set of four or two or each corner. I didnt see it specified.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I am looking for a good performing spring and shock. ANd I know I have overpayed in the past for sure.

I ran Walkereven shocks on my Rhino and I still do today. They have been rebuilt and revalved. They work great, my wife goes right through the whoops with out slowing down. That was the goal. These shocks are my favorite I have used so far. I have gone big jumping with these shocks and no issues. Four season now on these shocks.

I currently run Fox shocks on my Arctic Cat. The fox shocks were much less exspenive than the Walker Evans. And I like the three different adjustments of the Fox shocks and in the end they should do much better for me. I run a 350 lb spring in the fox shocks.

I would call Mike at Prestige or Chris at Benchmark, they seem to know how to set up a suspension system for the Utv's that is as good as you can get.k

On that ebay add is the $150.95 for a set of four or two or each corner. I didnt see it specified.

my 2 cents
Weel, Thanks for your input but, I am old school and I wont buy from people that dont want to make a fair profit, We live in world of supply and demand Companies are not happy with a fair profit they have to make a 900% profit again supply and demand if more people would walk away from the greed and high priced of the poorly made products out there, I know there are some GREAT products out there some from the vendors on here, It is again hard to pay more for UTV products than I did for a race car. If peoplewernt so happy to overpay and wont prices would come down. Thank You for letting me speek my mind.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I would call Mike at Prestige or Chris at Benchmark, they seem to know how to set up a suspension system for the Utv's that is as good as you can get.

my 2 cents
All 4
You are buying a NEW Arctic Cat High Lifter UTV Quad Spring Kit.
This includes all four springs front and rear.
Application
ARCTIC CAT 650 PROWLER 06-09
ARCTIC CAT 700 PROWLER 08-09

NOTE: THE HIGH LIFTER SPRING COMPRESSION TOOL CANNOT BE USED WITH THIS SPRING KIT (not included or sold by us). CUSTOMER MUST USE AN AUTOMOTIVE GRADE SPRING COMPRESSION TOOL (not included or sold by us).

High Lifter is pleased to announce the newest addition to its line of suspension enhancing products for 4WD, utility ATVs. This product, the High Lifter Lift Springs, are a set of higher capacity, replacement springs which are components of the stock, shock absorbers. The original equipment spring is not heavy duty and is often fatigued early by heavy loads or continuous service with oversized tires, winches and bumpers, and the weight of accumulated mud. The TRX-450, on which we prototyped this product, gained about 1" of lift and ground clearance when we installed these springs. (It already had a lift kit installed.) Those stock springs were tired even though the ATV had less than 300 miles on it!

The High Lifter Lift Springs were engineered to provide about 100 additional pounds of capacity (per set) above new, original equipment springs that have never been installed, and to be strong enough to make a significant difference without being so strong as to kill the ride.

A complete set of the Lift Springs may be installed for substantially less than the cost of one replacement O.E.M. shock. Where additional travel is needed, or adjustability of preload, the aftermarket shock, though more expensive, may be the preferred solution. For those who ride at slower speeds, with big tires and heavier loads, the Lift Springs will be a welcome and economical upgrade.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i went with springs from Mike at Prestige and they work really well, however to really make it work good , i hate to say it but have to buy good shocks. King, good fox,Elkas, or some other high performance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts