Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with after market steering boxes for the XTZ 1000. Any particular mnfg peeps love?
Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think Prowlerbob has a unisteer unit "Rackzilla" and powersteering.. I remember reading about it.. I use the unisteer stuff on my Kawasaki X2 Jetski and it has held up very very well.. Also on another note if you just want it to turn easier we have drilled some zerks on my buddy 650 prowler ball joints and it turns with one finger now.. Anyways here is the link to the unisteer stuff Unisteer: UTV RACKS-UTILITY VEHICLE RACKS

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I have the Billet King rack and it works great. It is made by F1 Engineering which is a well known company in the race car world. The rack turns 20% quicker then the stock rack and it's very well made. The folks that own the company Roger and Billine will take good care of you.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I run the Billet King steering rack, I havent broken it yet, so it seem very strong. I also got rid of the rubber mount that the stock steering rack mounts to. made the steering much better.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have the Unisteer, Rackzilla on my XTZ, with the Unisteer electra steer. Wow, made all the difference in the way.i did have a problem with the Rackzilla, rack. Well not really with the rack it self. Under hard usage, the mount for the rack will flex. After repeated flexing it will fail. It did on mine.Ruined the rack, which Unisteer replaced free of charge. That tells me something about the company.I ground out the old mount and replaced it with 3/16 plate. This will not flex. Now it works great. The new rack uses 3 bolts instead of 2 on the stock rack. I also put a u-clamp on the rack body itself for a little extra bracing. I don't think i will have any further problems with my steering.As for the electra steer, it is not as easy as a hydraulic steer, but it is one hell of a lot easier than stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts