Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, does anyone make aftermarket tie-rod ends for the Prowler XTZ 1000?? How about aftermarket upper/lower ball joints?? Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
desert cat are you running factory ball joints i was wondering because i fell a little play in mine. ill have to check out all balls

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, just did a cross reference, the all balls ball joints make some for the thundercat, which are the same number for the XTZ, OEM # 0405-115. They don't make tie-rod ends, but somebody has to. I seen when I googled "aftermarket tie-rod ends arctic cat prowler" it had one where a guy was selling his XTZ, and he had VW tie-rod ends. Wonder if anyone else know what thats about.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey there guys, does anyone make aftermarket tie-rod ends for the Prowler XTZ 1000?? How about aftermarket upper/lower ball joints?? Thanks.

I put in Gear One tie rods and their billet rack in my XTZ... This link shows some of their stuff, just not AC... You may want to call them if you are interested...

Gear One UTV Gear

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a bad set of tie rod ends that you are trying to replace?
yeah, i have 1 bad one. But i have only 2000km on my prowler, and thats about my 6th tie-rod end, they're junk. My dealer replaced all my front upper/lower ball joints, but didn't even look at my tie-rod ends. I shouldn't be replacing them all the time, but the rubber boot is always cracked, and all the grease is gone. I emailed EPI and AllBalls and they make nothing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i don't really care what i do, as long as it works and works well. I have never used a heim joint for a tie-rod end before. What size are the ends?? Do you have to get stand-offs for the tie-rod?? How do you bolt it down, with a big 3" bolt with washers??

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
To be honest with you the heim will probably be better for you if you keep splitting the rubbers on the stock ends. Especially the Teflon lined ones. I am assuming the rubber is breaking from the cold?
The heim does attach with a long grade 8-9 or stainless bolt. And yes a misalignment spacer is needed. But the spacer helps with the bump steer. There are a couple of companies that machine a tapered bolt-stud in their tie rod kit that is pretty nice. I think one of them is Prestige in Ca.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Order a set of tie rods from prestige motorsports. The only hard thing for me to do was set the alignment:p
I had a set from Mike that I sold to Split and they were very nice indeed. Mike at Prestige makes some nice parts and his customer service is great. Johnny and the guys from UTV Inc, can make you some very beefy tie rods as well. When I went to the long travel they made mine and I don't think they will ever fail.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts