Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a front wheel bearing while hunting yesterday. I figured since I have over 4k miles on them, that I would replace them all. A/C wants $ 42.00 a bearing, and I found all 4 for around $ 57.00 on ebay. Not sure if bearings are something I want to go cheap on, or are they all made at the same factory? any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After talking to a parts guy at Moto City, he recommends the A/C bearings. Not cause he sells them, because he works on them. I got 4000 (rough) miles on the originals, and I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Tom .. Moto City ? local ? a dealer or a place for service ? or just parts ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are in AZ. I found them when looking for my new Engine, they had the best pricing and also had all my parts in stock. The website is arcticcatparts.com
I like the guys at Country Cat, but found moto city has the best prices.
Also, after tearing everything apart, found out it was my ball joints. I ordered new ball joints, all 4 bearings, all new A-arm bushings, and 4 new shocks! figured since I was in there, might as well replace everything. I stuck with stock shocks, after pricing aftermarket ones. I mostly rock crawl anyway.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Aftermarket Suspension parts sure cause sticker shock! I'm still on my original bearings, going on 7,000 miles! But I do not hit a lot of mud or deep water. AC parts seem to hold up fine! Seems you always get what you pay for!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Thanks Tom, was hoping for another local but good to know about all of the good places

Agree RD about get what ya pay for !

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I tried the cheaper All Balls bearings and they didn't last near as long as the factory Koyo bearings.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I have a set of AllBalls for spares! Not sure if I'll use them!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bearings are different. On cars some of the front hubs/bearings cost 80 for one brand and 150 for another brand of the same bearing. I have found that the cheap bearings are just that...cheap. I have had cheap bearings make noise after I installed them on the test drive. Get the good bearings. There are some things you can skimp on but not bearings.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Well said! Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts