Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one local sells foam air filter oil, the only thing I can find is K&N but that's for their cotton fabric filters. I'm going to check the John Deere dealers in the next town, if they don't have any it's either make a trip to the city or order some online.

The last stuff I was using was No Toil.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Amazon ?

motor cycle shops in area ?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazon ?

motor cycle shops in area ?
If I order online it will probably be Amazon, no cycle shops in the area. I wish I would have thought about it Monday while I was in the city, it's not a bad drive I just don't head that way very often. Heck I was close to Bass Pro I could have gotten Cat oil. I changed my engine oil today and was going to clean the air filter when I realized my No Toil can was empty. Went to Bumper to Bumper and called a couple parts stores in the next town and all they carry is K&N. Heck the guy at Bumper to Bumper told me to use motor oil.

I would guess Gators use a foam filter so I'm pretty sure I can get some at the dealer. I'll give the one in Higginsville a call when they open tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I use chain saw bar oil. super sticky. Doesn't take much. Washes out with Dawn dish soap.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
If I order online it will probably be Amazon, no cycle shops in the area. I wish I would have thought about it Monday while I was in the city, it's not a bad drive I just don't head that way very often. Heck I was close to Bass Pro I could have gotten Cat oil. I changed my engine oil today and was going to clean the air filter when I realized my No Toil can was empty. Went to Bumper to Bumper and called a couple parts stores in the next town and all they carry is K&N. Heck the guy at Bumper to Bumper told me to use motor oil.

I would guess Gators use a foam filter so I'm pretty sure I can get some at the dealer. I'll give the one in Higginsville a call when they open tomorrow.

suggest buying two , and when you open second one order two more that way never run out :)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to start keeping a little extra on hand, I never had a problem buying local before. I even tried the local Husqvarna shop, he didn't have any on had and was required to buy a case at a time. I try to buy in town to help keep what few business we have left.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
that works IF they have the stuff u need but distance guys have different needs too

I have been on the buy two and reorder when second one opened on a lot of things for years ...30 - 45 minute drive to town for one lil must have item is a PIA as you know especial;;y when they look at you like are you crazy why would I stock that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts