Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me how high the factory intake is on a 2012 XTZ 1000? Is it around 32" off the ground? Also is there any good how to on snorkeling one of these?

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the site. The air intake on your XTZ is behind your drivers seat, that would be close to 32". Several companies make snorkel kits, but a lot of the members built there own out of PVC Pipe and fittings. I used 2" PVC on mine. To do it yourself will run around 30-50 dollars in parts.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
could anyone tell me how high the factory intake is on a 2012 xtz 1000? Is it around 32" off the ground? Also is there any good how to on snorkeling one of these?

Thanks
welcome to the best prowler site,like fairmont79 said you can make your own or buy THERE ARE A FEW COMPANY'S THAT MAKE THEM FOR THE PROWLERS.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes it is around 32 inches maybe a lil higher. As for the snorkel kit. I have seen a few xtzs done but I do believe them to be home made. I haven't found a company that manufactures snorkels for the x!:(

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think the way the XTZ is set up, you would only need to d0 the Air intake, and the clutch air out. From what I can find out, the clutch air in is in the front of the machine.

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I don't think I'd like them coming up through the dash, but the XTZ is a different animal! Wreck havic with a windshield!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
me neither so I don't have them :( things just don't breath as well.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Home engineering would be much cheaper!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Has anyone put a snorkel on a 700 hdx.It looks easy enough to change air intake on motor but what about clutch intake.Any pictures suggestions would be great.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Not sure on the HDX, the clutch air out is on the passenger side of the motor, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a XTX owner, and the motor is backwards compared to yours. Buy some 2" PVC, and fittings and trial fit as you go. How much room is behind the seat, and the bed?

·
Registered
177 Posts
clutch intake is in front center on hdx I believe I'll be able to route it into storage compartment on front

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was able to cut existing pipe to pre filter ant route it behind seat and is about half way up box w with?hich should be good enough for me.The foam filter sits upright so could absorb water from rain. Has anyone got suggestions on what to cover it

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
It may not need to be covered, there is a drain on the air box in case of water getting in. If you want to cover it while storing, or transporting use a kitchen zip lock bag.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Can you send some pictures? I'm not familiar with the area behind the seats on the HDX. I've looked at them, but can't remember the set up!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i was able to cut existing pipe to pre filter ant route it behind seat and is about half way up box w with?hich should be good enough for me.the foam filter sits upright so could absorb water from rain. Has anyone got suggestions on what to cover it
they also make water proof covers that go over the filter,i had one on my last [email protected] set up.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
clutch intake is in front center on hdx I believe I'll be able to route it into storage compartment on front
Hope your storage box is sealed better than mine. I've cleaned a few inches of mud out of mine after last weekend, everything in it was soaked including my heater :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts