Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they say every ones bevs shim diferant so i was woundering if you all that has done yours would post how mutch shim you had to use on eatch gear on a 650 just to see the diferance

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I might be the only one who has personally done the bevel gears on this site. If I remember correctly, mine ended up being like 1.2 on both the output and through shaft.

There are a ton of people on the hightlifter forum that have done their bevel gears.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Done mine as well, didn't record shim thicknesses though - too angry about the whole ordeal to concern myself with a part that I hope to never see again....lol

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Done mine as well, didn't record shim thicknesses though - too angry about the whole ordeal to concern myself with a part that I hope to never see again....lol
sounds like you were a little pissed.:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
More than a little pissed. My son was parked in the snow for a while, and when he went to back up he didn't realize the handbrake was on, tore the bevel gears to shreds and bent the intermediate shaft, slight crack in the case which was repaired with JB weld.

It was the after affects that really got me. Had to tear it down a month or so later, lost the crank. I did a thorough engine cleaning after the bevels went, but the rod bearing must have seen too much metal filings, and it knocked me down again - bad enough after the first time.

Best to replace the bevels if you ever get the chance. It can do way more damage if you wait for it to die.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would p me off to i hope mine don't go back down if it dose i'll be parting out my motor and put a new one in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts