Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Elka stage 1 shocks bolted on my King Quad.......what a difference.:):)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
explain "difference" better please , never had that brand

in fact all off road rigs I have had ... were factory shocked or at best Rancho type shocks and beefed up springs.. never sprang for a "real" set of good quality off road dampers.

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The ones Rob had for the prowler were temping but can't squeeze a grand out of my wallet.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Still beating my factory shocks, when they go bad, I'll put another set of factory back on, or see what QA-1 offers!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my new Elka stage 1 shocks bolted on my King Quad.......what a difference.:):)
Gary the difference is a very smooth ride,you can ride through pot holes or over small downed trees and not jar your teeth out....with most stock shocks they are not valved to to let the piston go through the full in and out cycle in the shock body.The stock shocks that were on my quad I could only push down on the back bumper 2'' at the most and when I would go to lift the quad with the back bumper same thing with in 2'' the wheels would start to come off the ground....with my new shocks which i had them built for my weight and cargo weight.I can now shove down on the back bumper 4 to 5'' and the same pulling up on the bumper which =a lot plusher ride.........plus you can adjust your pre-load setting by turning a collar on top of the spring which = lots of pre-load adjustments one complete turn makes a difference in the ride and ground clearance,where on a stock shock you just have 5 notches.........if I was to choose a 1000 dollar exhaust system which i have or a 1500 dollar set of shocks I would not think twice.if you ever try a good set of dialed in shocks you would never go back to stock.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
thanks for 'splain'n to me .. sounds nice

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
That would be nice, some of the surprise holes on the trail can really jar your bones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I remember when i swapped the stock stuff on my 250F bike to elka, it was a huge difference. I guess I never even knew they made quad/atv stuff. Might have to look into this :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts