Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i give high fives to out west,for his 4-wheel disc brake conversion for a small price tag......................:)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I second that!

·
Registered
733 Posts
same from me! makes me wanna start that as a winter project... nice work

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Thanks guys. I just picked up the rest of my parts tonight and have it back together. Now I just need to get my son or my wife to help me bleed the rear brakes. So tomorrow I should be able to get it out on the road and see how it does.......

I tell you, if somebody is interested in doing the coversion just keep your eye out for deals on used parts. Just pick it up a little at a time. I was only considering the conversion, but then I found some Prowler 1000 knuckles on eBay and debated on it a few days. In the meantime I confirmed my new rotor was good by having a machine shop check it out. So maybe the mounting flange/input shaft isn't true. I got tired of throwing money at it in hoping to fix the brake chatter. So I saw the knuckles, negotiated a deal, and decided to jump on them. And so the conversion began. I was really happy with how the cost part of it worked out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Same here! Awesome work! I've only been a member on here for a few months, but this one of the most innovative mods I've seen yet!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Same here! Awesome work! I've only been a member on here for a few months, but this one of the most innovative mods I've seen yet!
I wouldn't say innovative. All the 1000 Prowlers have rear wheel brakes (and I think some of the other newer models as well). I figure there must be a reason Arctic Cat switched to that setup (better braking, etc.). So it was just a matter of putting their new setup on the old.....:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
4 wheel disc brakes? Sweet! I need to look for your thread on doing this mod. I'd love to do the same to my machine. Did this allow you to set up a different e-brake system as well? Cuz I have to say, I have yet to get my e-brake working right on my 09 XTX. I've done the whole pull out on the brake release while pumping the e brake and it did absolutely nothing. My father, who has an 07 650 H1, fabbed up a completely new e brake system with his. But I'd be really interested in going to a 4 wheel e brake set up.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
4 wheel disc brakes? Sweet! I need to look for your thread on doing this mod. I'd love to do the same to my machine. Did this allow you to set up a different e-brake system as well? Cuz I have to say, I have yet to get my e-brake working right on my 09 XTX. I've done the whole pull out on the brake release while pumping the e brake and it did absolutely nothing. My father, who has an 07 650 H1, fabbed up a completely new e brake system with his. But I'd be really interested in going to a 4 wheel e brake set up.
Here is the link to my thread. I'll help you in any way I can if you want to do the conversion. The e-brake is the only thing I haven't done yet. Right now it is completely pulled off of my machine. I think I was going to install a hydraulic brake park lock like the one I linked below. I'll probably have the people that made me my rear brake lines make me a set to do the park lock. Be curious to see what your father did to his. I'm always open to ideas.

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-general-discussions/4198-converted-driveline-brake-4-wheel-disc-brakes.html

Hydraulic Brake Park Lock. This Is A Manual Push Button Hydraulic Lock Using The Line Pressure To Hold The Brakes Locked In Place, For Drag Cars, Offroad Sandrail And Dune buggy - Dune Buggy Parts, Sandrail Parts, VW Parts - MooreParts.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts