Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It looks to me that there is an inner race from a bearing still on the shaft after I removed the outside hub! Am I missing something here? I can't find a break down of the backside of the hub in the parts diagram. Are there 2 bearings? Starting to think I need a new right rear shaft and maybe even the outside hub??? TIA
Trying to load a photo of the shaft and lost that option on the site for some reason! WTH??? :mad:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here it is! :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
No, there are two races in the bearing, hard to see, but I was spinning my old bearing and noticed that the inside was not rotating as I spun it! Did you find the message center? I pm'ed you

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, there are two races in the bearing, hard to see, but I was spinning my old bearing and noticed that the inside was not rotating as I spun it! Did you find the message center? I pm'ed you

Yes sir! took an air cutting disc to the race and cut a notch in it. Hit her with a chisel and the race slid off. Now I wait for the new bearing.:(
Nice chattin with ya today RD!

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Glad it worked out! Bearings can be a pain at times! I coated the inside of the knuckle with some moly lube in hopes of preventing surface rust between the bearing and the knuckle. I used Boss Bearings, not sure how good they are, but the price was right!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad it worked out! Bearings can be a pain at times! I coated the inside of the knuckle with some moly lube in hopes of preventing surface rust between the bearing and the knuckle. I used Boss Bearings, not sure how good they are, but the price was right!

I hope "All Balls" has a better bearing than the stock Chinese bearing cat uses! This bearing had total failure to come apart like it did! I'm not abusive on my toys and know people that are and I've not seen bearing failure like this. I'll be ordering 3 more to have on hand. When I change the tracks out in the spring I'm putting new bearings on the other 3 corners.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Heard different stories, so time will tell! Seems water and mud kill them fairly quick! LOL If the Boss bearings are junk, may step up to All Balls Racing bearings!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heard different stories, so time will tell! Seems water and mud kill them fairly quick! LOL If the Boss bearings are junk, may step up to All Balls Racing bearings!
I agree RD that water and mud kill bearings but this bearing is sealed! :)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I agree RD that water and mud kill bearings but this bearing is sealed! :)
no such thing , brand new they come close but shortly after they can N do ingest water , mud and sand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts