·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Sounds addicted to me....

·
Registered
56 Posts
No stems no seeds that you don't need,
Drive a Prowler or Wildcat and you will be pleased!!:)
LOL, I just couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
LOL! Ok guys, old school I can buy into but Ancient? Dude that would be like Roman or something. :)
Like Chris I do remember walking to the bus in the 60's and the irrigation overflow being frozen in the streets. Of course this is when Northern was the edge of town for the most part. And oh the warm summers! But back then it did cool down some as the city just wasn't that far out, and there were a lot of large trees and such, of course as a kid you just didn't pay much attention to it.
Has anyone read the write up in ATV Off Road on the XP 900? Those folks do a good job covering the industry. I wouldn't be suprised to see BRP rush something sharp to market, what a shoot off the XP vs Wildcat vs a BRP, this could get interesting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL! Ok guys, old school I can buy into but Ancient? Dude that would be like Roman or something. :)
Like Chris I do remember walking to the bus in the 60's and the irrigation overflow being frozen in the streets. Of course this is when Northern was the edge of town for the most part. And oh the warm summers! But back then it did cool down some as the city just wasn't that far out, and there were a lot of large trees and such, of course as a kid you just didn't pay much attention to it.
Has anyone read the write up in ATV Off Road on the XP 900? Those folks do a good job covering the industry. I wouldn't be suprised to see BRP rush something sharp to market, what a shoot off the XP vs Wildcat vs a BRP, this could get interesting.
Even more so if Kawie, Honda and Yamaha step in to the arena----They are all being awfully quiet----Popo with the largest market share isn't going to just sit on their duff either----I think AC is handling this release all wrong and it may backfire on them big time, ( hope not though).

Happy

·
Registered
192 Posts
Po Po has a 140 horse XP already done, but we cant see it until someone else makes a move. hold on to your wallet this is gonna get expensive.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
The key will be a great dependable platform with tons of options available to modify and achieve what ever level of performance one is willing to spend the dollars on. Fortunately AC does have those sled motors setting in the wings. You guys with the hands on experience can give us a hint of how much performance is locked away in the AC power plant, I know Darryl has commented on this. Can you bore, stroke it and up cam one improve the intake and exhaust and get good results relatively inexpensively? I really haven't seen any kits for the H-2 like for several others out there.
Is the PoPo motor based on the current XP 900 unit? If so great, that means more aftermarket parts and experiments on what works and what doesn't. The various forms of racing should get pretty exciting.
We were up in Havasu last weekend sure are a lot of SxS running around all over town those folks use them like a second car.
The devalued dollar may keep the foreign makers out as they may not be able to make a profit on competitive units.
Remember the price of gas isn't going up the value of the dollar is falling.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can tell you that the H2 is very powerful and there is ALOT left in it. If built right it should put out at least 95hp. (at the crank). But the rest of the cat must be upgraded to handle it.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I thought Polaris bought weber for the weber 900 engine. That is the engine that is in the xp. The polaris 760 cc motor that most rzr's come with is not that great. The xp motor is pretty good. It is very similar to the engine that AC uses in it's turbo sled. That engine would be interesting in a utv.
As far as can am they have a few power house engines from rotax that they could get really serious with for a utv. The engines out of their seadoo's are monsters. 1500 cc's and super charged for 260 hp. Pretty small too. 3 cylinder 4 stroke intercooled and super charged. They do have some test versions of these engines making over 350 hp. And rumor has it they are about to bump the rxp to 300 from the factory to compete with Kawi's new 300 hp monster.
As far as Polaris they have done a few different things on the water and in the snow. But their water craft just never got it done. Their sleds are ok? I don't know not into sleds. Their quads never were that great. I owned one. Not that great. Maybe they have found what they are gonna be the best at in the utv. I guess time will tell. They are dominating in sales right now. Even in a shitty economy they are making money and selling utv's.
Personally I like the idea of being able to have a utv than can be modded from mild to wild. And yes that goes for the engine and transmission too. The hole thing needs to be designed well. And designed for greater loads to stand up to everything from cruising the grandkids around to all out racing.
You can see what is happening in the market. The utv's are becoming more and more popular. Not just here but all over. Especially in the middle east. We even have a member on here from south America. This utv craze is just gaining momentum. The next few years is gonna get very interesting.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts