Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot believe this.. After I just had a head gasket replaced at my local dealer I went to start it this morning one cylinder had a hard time firing.. Let it warm up it was fine. Drove it around today and noticed coolant puking out the reservoir.. So I take it to my buddy that works at a yota dealer and tested the coolant for carbon gases and here is the result below (the test tube fluid turns yellow if exhaust gasses are present)

I am going to Socal this next week and put a call into mike @ prestige to see if he wants to fix it right once and for all.. Beware of small local dealer like mine! I knew something wasnt right when they didnt replace the head bolts, thermostat, the other head gasket, etc..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not even gonna bother with that dealer again.. I am assuming its the same cylinder since the head bolts weren't replaced and the head was not resurfaced.. just want this thing to run right before I lose my patience and sell it and buy another rail.. crappy part is i just got everything done on the cage/roof/stereo and I was out on my maiden voyage when I noticed all this.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
lmao great video,, Brandon that sucks about your ride. What kind of riding were you doing last time you took it out before the head gasket went again?

I kind of blamed mine on a few things and the sand, just curious? hit me up and maybe I will drive out for lunch if I can get away from work. I need to go check on my rides at Prestige anyways.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The riding was street.. I literally rode it a mile to work then to lunch and napa and it was puking coolant eberywhere.. I will be in Huntington beach all week at my father inlaws place on the beach waiting for the toyhauler manufacturer to replace my door that caved in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts