Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Picked up a 2010 XT and so far it handles these mountain trails ok. Wondering about the shocks tho, I didn't get a spanner wrench included . Is the one from ARCTIC CAT just junk and should I buy one elsewhere? Do I have to take the wheels off first? Thanks, woodchip

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I don't have a spanner either and just used a good pair of channellocks to adjust mine. It's a little tougher but I didn't take the wheels off.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
You'll want to Jack it up to take some of the pressure off the springs.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome, great site, and great members!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Where in Colorado?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Hey guys, Picked up a 2010 XT and so far it handles these mountain trails ok. Wondering about the shocks tho, I didn't get a spanner wrench included . Is the one from ARCTIC CAT just junk and should I buy one elsewhere? Do I have to take the wheels off first? Thanks, woodchip
I going to have to eat my words a little, your post reminded me I've been wanting to tighten my front end a little. Adjusting the front shocks was easy using a large pair of channellocks and jacking the front end off the ground then turning the wheels for access to the bottom of the shock. On the rear you'll have to pull the wheels it's too much of a pain with them on.
A spanner would be better some day I'll get one.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the nut house

spanner wrenches are available online on many sites and not very expensive just make sure to order the right size one or a size larger than need as it will be "adjustable' via the hinge pin on the end .. they make ones that ends have pins and also ones that have hook type ends , hook type is what you'll want.

as an example her is a link to one

PROTO Adj Hook Spanner Wrench, 15/32x3/16 - Spanner Wrenches - 1APC6|JC474 - Grainger Industrial Supply

there are less expensive this is just a quick example

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
U R welcome ... BTW granger isn't one of the better prices for proto tools if that's what you select

just looked on E-Bay ... save +/- $20.00 bucks there for same brand

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
U R welcome ... BTW granger isn't one of the better prices for pro to tools if that's what you select

just looked on E-Bay ... save +/- $20.00 bucks there for same brand
Yes just watch Ebay got mine for 10 bucks I got lucky

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I picked one up at Art Morrison. they sell coil over shock kits for the Hot Rod market. I have the adjustable one it is about 6 inches long, very compact but does the job! As long as the weight is off the suspension, and it will do all four corners without removing the wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I picked one up at Art Morrison. they sell coil over shock kits for the Hot Rod market. I have the adjustable one it is about 6 inches long, very compact but does the job! As long as the weight is off the suspension, and it will do all four corners without removing the wheels.
Good find RD,Thanks for the picture.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
We are about 100 miles west of Colorado Springs,Co.Plenty of good riding places out here.
fill in your profile and signature lines ... we can help and ask fewer questions back n forth ..

you on any diesel peecup sites ... there is a woodchip on one I go to every day but IIRC he is in the pacific northwest seattle area

1 - 20 of 20 Posts