Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another reason not to own a Polaris...
More jobs to Mexico, less in the US....

Polaris plans to establish manufacturing facility in Mexico Powersports Business Friday May 21, 2010
In an effort to improve its long-term competitive positioning, increase operational efficiencies and position the company for future growth, Polaris Industries intends to realign its operations, according to a company press release.

Among the changes, Polaris says it plans to enhance the existing Roseau, Minn., and Spirit Lake, Iowa, production facilities and establish a new facility in Mexico. The exact location in Mexico has not yet been determined. The new facility will lead to the eventual sale or closure of Polaris’ Osceola, Wis., manufacturing operations.

The realignment allows the company to dedicate capital for strategic investments in painting, welding and assembly operations by outsourcing certain non-strategic component manufacturing processes, stated Polaris in the release.

“While this was a difficult decision for us, given the impact on our employees at the Osceola facility, we believe the creation of these manufacturing centers of excellence will strengthen our company over the long-term and enable us to maintain our lead in a competitive market,” Scott Wine, CEO, Polaris Industries, said in the release. “Pursuing opportunities in new markets outside the United States, while concurrently evaluating our cost structure to improve our long-term competitive positioning are key components to our growth strategy. This decision was based on a thorough review of our worldwide operations and will allow us to improve our ability to meet the quality, delivery and cost standards desired by our dealers and customers.”

The realignment is expected to generate pre-tax costs and expense savings in excess of $30 million on an annual basis when the transition has been completed. The company expects to begin realizing some of the cost savings as early as 2011.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
:(

:mad:

seams like large industry is doing it's level best to completely destroy the US economy .. not that it already hasn't , even way before the housing issues .

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's everywhere though.

How many Cat parts come out of Canada?

--

·
Registered
91 Posts
this is AN ARTIC CAT FORUM, NOT POLARIS, I DON,T CARE WHAT POLARIS DO
Kind of angry for a Friday... :rolleyes:

Darryl - Thanks for sharing the news. Seeing US based manufacturing leave for other countries sure doesn't help with our economy. Looks like more people will be getting in the unemployment line...

·
Registered
57 Posts
sorry , but i really don't like this, if you go to an artic cat forum is because you want information, or you want to talk about and artic cat product, if you want information on a polaris ,yamaha, suzuki, honda, kawasaki, or any atv or utv you go to their forum or web page, don't you think? sorry if i sound angry FLYING LOW. wont happen again ..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Saves alot of money paying the mexicans $7 a week and no benefits. All they'll have to worry about will be their executives getting kidnapped and murdered. Small price to pay.
Seems like bad karma in this economy to bail on the states. I'll stick with AC

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry , but i really don't like this, if you go to an artic cat forum is because you want information, or you want to talk about and artic cat product, if you want information on a polaris ,yamaha, suzuki, honda, kawasaki, or any atv or utv you go to their forum or web page, don't you think? sorry if i sound angry FLYING LOW. wont happen again ..
Sorry if you think this doesn't belong here. But I think it is important information for Cat owners, and Cat dealers, which there are some here.
I've been on this forum since it's inception (as you can see by the founding member label under my avatar name), so sorry, if you think I shouldn't post here, then I'll quietly go away and take all the info that I've given here with me.
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I don't need someone denegrating me or my posts in such a way.

There are many good members here that I've shared lots of info with because I care about Arctic Cat and the sport. But if you think it doesn't belong, then maybe I don't either.

And Triple J, I would much rather have parts coming out of Canada than Mexico. I've been to Mexico quite a bit and have seen their quality control, labor standards and materials..not impressed.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Rios - I understand that you came to the forum to find information regarding your Arctic Cat... But, you will also find it's an online community of people and friendships that have been built due to their Arctic Cat and share more than just Arctic Cat...

People are willing to provide you answers to your questions if you are not an a**.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sorry if you think this doesn't belong here. But I think it is important information for Cat owners, and Cat dealers, which there are some here.
I've been on this forum since it's inception (as you can see by the founding member label under my avatar name), so sorry, if you think I shouldn't post here, then I'll quietly go away and take all the info that I've given here with me.
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I don't need someone denegrating me or my posts in such a way.

There are many good members here that I've shared lots of info with because I care about Arctic Cat and the sport. But if you think it doesn't belong, then maybe I don't either.

And Triple J, I would much rather have parts coming out of Canada than Mexico. I've been to Mexico quite a bit and have seen their quality control, labor standards and materials..not impressed.
Looks like it was posted in the right section to me, don't know why Rios is griping. Seems like theres a beotch in every crowd. Good info Daryl

·
Registered
57 Posts
i do understand all your opinions, and a respect all of them, and i spec the same, that's the point or reason for the forum, also Darryl89 i know you are a Founding Member of this forum and i what you to forgive me if a did denigrating you and any way.sorry, that was just my point off view, i respect your opinions you don't have to be so drastic we are just letting everybody know our what is in our mind, Thank you..

·
Registered
618 Posts
Darryl89
Couldn't agree more.

Also you've given lots of good info and advice, so please feel free to post your thoughts and info as you see fit.

Rios
Why open a post that says Polaris if you don't want to read about anything but Cat?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Rio, I just feel it was important to let people know that PoPos are going to be made in Mexico. With the current state of the economy and relations with Mexico, I'm not sure that is a move that I as a consumer care about. Makes me glad I'm an Arctic Cat owner and will gladly let others know.
If we want to see Arctic Cat grow and become as popular as Polaris, it's important to get the word out to others what is happening. Any day that I can keep more of my money in the USA and employ US citizens, I will do it. Nothing against Mexico, I go there some for races, but I prefer to keep most of my money in the US.
It's distressing to see so much of our economy go out of country. I'm a John Deere dealer and am struggling with the fact that JD moved one of their main loader plants to Mexico. It hurts to think of how many US citizens lost their jobs to plant closures and now those loaders are made in Mexico.
If given the choice of buying a US made product or a Mexico made product, I chose "Made In The USA" anytime.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes you are right about everything, but we can't control what the big companies are doing like moving to other countries the Assembly plants because the cheap salaries of other countries, and example: i only wear 501 Levi's jeans , and they are made in GUATEMALA, NICARAGUA, MEXICO and another counties , they DON'T make them here anymore, i not happy and i don't like that, BUT im still buying them, WAY? because i like levi's . Levi's decided yo move the assembly plants to another counties and im still buying levi's, . if polaris move to mexico , and you are a polaris guy, you are going to buy it . you are not going to care were is made. i Hope a made my self clear whit my example of the levi's..

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sounds like something I said a while ago. Forgive him!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

Amen! Now we have to pray Arctic Cat wont do it too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good info, and it does belong hear if a cat guy is thinking of jumping ship over to popo hopefully this will change his mind. It sucks that jobs are leaving the USA no matter what they tell you quallity controll is no where near what it is in the USA. I bet u most of the people that worked at that plant own a atv and care about what they do. How many Mexicans are going to buy a ATV? and can care less about what they are building. Same goes for cat and their Kymco made products, our shop sold 5 366s and will NOT SELL another one because they are crap, the welds have no penatration and in spots they didn't even hit the spot, so I hope this bites POPO in the butt and cat takes note.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts