Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear from those who purchased the 2011 Prowlers. Any of the issues from the earlier models ongoing? Curious mainly about the ones left "mostly" stock, as we all know the more mods the more issues that can arise.
There were a lot of comments in the general press when the 11's came out about the level of dependability they exhibited when new. Would now like to hear from the real world.:)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
They won't respond, they are all too busy out riding their 2011's....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Love mine did have the transmission push the throughput shaft through the case.

New case looks much improved with webbing.

Only issue in 600miles was the tranny.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Riddler, hope you weren't to far out in the outback when that happened. I know more than one 11 was sold so I guess Darryl is right everyone is out riding, and hopefully not breaking, and enjoying their machines. This could bode well for AC's future.
As an aside I would urge all if AC is anywhere close with the new Demo on the Wildcat go and try it out, you will be amazed by the suspension, the rest is good also but the suspension is to kill for.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I was 16miles in the woods.
It took 8hrs to get in the 16m.

Took me another 17hours to get out.
No reverse but still had 4L diff lock and a huge crack in the block.

The engine locked up 2x's let cool and re-started and continued on.
Poured about 3quarts of oil down the rockers during the trip just to lube things up a tad.
Had to pour in rockers as with the oil would drain out as fast as I put it in.
Machine ran under it's own power all the way out and I unloaded at the dealer and drove it in to their yard.

Hated to have the tranny break but that motor is TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH!

My 2 buddies on rhino's made fun of me but they too were impressed I drove out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damm, that is a trial.
If AC would make the trans as tough as the motor Look out.
What part of the state are you in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My only issue is the power steering throwing the P???? code all the time. I took it in back in the spring for a software update to correct this but the code still shows up.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My only issue is the power steering throwing the P???? code all the time. I took it in back in the spring for a software update to correct this but the code still shows up.
A good battery or a charged battery will fix that code problem.
It is a low voltage code.
Shut the machine off and turn back on should clear code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2011 hdx

I have a new 11' HDX. I've got about 60 miles on it. I put on a multi-mount 4.0 warn winch and some lights for the back.

I only thing that I don't like is the difficulty of shifting in and out of gear. I sometimes have to rock the machine to get it in gear. I'm hoping with some more miles it will improve.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a new 11' HDX. I've got about 60 miles on it. I put on a multi-mount 4.0 warn winch and some lights for the back.

I only thing that I don't like is the difficulty of shifting in and out of gear. I sometimes have to rock the machine to get it in gear. I'm hoping with some more miles it will improve.
Mine got better once I got some miles on it... even when I have to back out of a bad mud hole it shifts great. My question for the 2011 owners... is there anybody out there that has one with some miles on it that has had diff. problems (specifically the seals). I think maybe mine just had a bad batch that year cuz the replacements are working great! (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
11 Posts
it's a running machine!

I've got a 2011 550 XT that has been out to Colorado 5 times already, up and down continental divides, above timberline often and up many of the 14'ers out there..........nothing but FUN! Pushed snow for 2 winters now with a 6 ft. blade and all I do is put gas in it, and added some great Maxxi tires right off the bat.

All smiles here so far................

n8

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I've got a 2011 550 XT that has been out to Colorado 5 times already, up and down continental divides, above timberline often and up many of the 14'ers out there..........nothing but FUN! Pushed snow for 2 winters now with a 6 ft. blade and all I do is put gas in it, and added some great Maxxi tires right off the bat.

n8
Thats great to hear

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

n8
Great news,I am glad your enjoying it.keep us posted.............:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update........

I was just wrapping up my last mountain riding trip and on day 3 noticed that my machine was starting to idle rough and die on me whenever I would slow down in speed. Eventually it would not start in neutral and I had to put my foot on the brake and start it in gear and then gas it to get going.

Jumping forward - have it at the AC service shop right now and they can't figure out what is happening. No codes, everything looks good but it's not running and idling right at all. Just glad it got me out of the mountains. Only have 55 hours on the machine...........will let you know what I find out.

Anyone else have this issue? Sound familiar? Remedy?

n8

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I was just wrapping up my last mountain riding trip and on day 3 noticed that my machine was starting to idle rough and die on me whenever I would slow down in speed. Eventually it would not start in neutral and I had to put my foot on the brake and start it in gear and then gas it to get going.

Jumping forward - have it at the AC service shop right now and they can't figure out what is happening. No codes, everything looks good but it's not running and idling right at all. Just glad it got me out of the mountains. Only have 55 hours on the machine...........will let you know what I find out.

n8
maybe dirty fuel filter from an old or bad batch .. spark plug fuzzed over .. fuel pump intermittent failure .. tight valves ... good luck and do let us know

·
Registered
11 Posts
maybe dirty fuel filter from an old or bad batch .. spark plug fuzzed over .. fuel pump intermittent failure .. tight valves ... good luck and do let us know

Checked/Checked/Checked/Checked/Checked - all good on those points - will do

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

n8
When you get a chance fill out your signature so we all know what you ride thanks,sounds to me like it could be possibly be the one way bearing it works as your engine brake,we have a member on here that has a new xtx and he had some bad internal clutch springs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
550XT Fixed...........

So we got it figured out. The gas that I put in on day 3 of riding (supposed to be premium grade 91 octane) had 10% alcohol in it and was causing the motor in the 550 to cut out and run very rough! Drained the tank, put an upgraded O-ring in on the fuel pump, put fresh 91 octane gas in it and it runs like a charm again, idles well at low rpm's and even seems to have a little more response to the gas pedal. Good ending to this machine - I'm selling it - advertised it yesterday.
Picked up a new 2013 700XTX :)as my demands require a little bigger motor but not as big as the 1000. Did a ride comparison and liking what I'm getting. Now to add a few things and I'll be in the Rockies again in a month!
Thank you all for your input and suggestions.

n8

1 - 20 of 28 Posts