Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do ,please share some photos of it ,,I like old classics no matter what Make they are..

This is one that I have in the shop and am slowwwly getting it togeather.. The truck is a 72 Chevy short bed with a 402 BB and a beafed up 350 Tranny in it . both with fresh rebuilds

I took the gas tank out from behind the seat and put a Blazer tank in at the rear ,,so now I am on to installing gas lines to it.
I am waiting for some new parts to come and then will get the grille and also the bed bed back on it .. Lots more to do ,,but what the heck ,,it's a lot of fun doing it ..
GP

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thats a sharp truck. Dont those have coil rears.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sure do miss my 71 short bed.

What did you do with it Chris ? sell it and wish you hadn't or like me in the past .sell it or trade it in the next car or truck cause I had to..

Thats a sharp truck. Dont those have coil rears.
These trucks came both ways but the leafs are rarer.. As for lowering these trucks ,, coils are easier to do it and this 72 has coils.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Cool coils with stiffer control arms will perform better. I like that bigblock torque.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man I wish I at least had pics. of it. Short bed loaded cheyenne super. Power steering and brakes. Factory ac and a factory tach. 350 engine and turbo 350 tranny. Leaf spring truck too. Hugger orange too. Loved that truck. One of my biggest mistakes. One the best vehicles I have ever owned.
Thanks Chris for sharing and from your story and knowing how you loved the truck you got rid of ,,then I hope you can apprectiate the next picture I am about to share of this truck I put togeather first before the 72 .

Just like you ,,my love is for this 1971 Super Cheyenne short bed with AC ,Tach,,Tilt wheel ,,PB but not power steering ,,and it does have rear leaf Springs ,,numbers matching 350 -350 ..

I will sell the 72 but never this 71 .. hope my 71 brings back good memories for you even though it is not the hugger orange like you had .. GP

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That,s the truck. Very impressive. Some day I will bite the bullet and get another one. I forgot mine had factory tilt too. Ya know I really appreciate you posting that pic for me to check out.
I think the next one I get will be clean but not so clean that I won't want to use it a little.
thanks If you can ,buy now as the prices are at a all time low for classic cars and trucks.. And you know this better than I ARIZONA has lots of rust free trucks.. as for the cleaness of my 71 ,,it isn't no trailer queen for sure and I drive it on sunshiny days often ..

It is rust free but it has some blemishes like rock chips and some stains on the carpet ,plus lots of parts are factory like the door panels and sunvisors and other things that show wear .. LIke you ,,I want to drive it not sit it on a shelf..
GP

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have a 70 model,short bed, 350, ac,tach,am/fm , auto trans, no bondo,no rust original except paint and dash pad, 82000 miles. Will post pics if i can figure it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 70 model,short bed, 350, ac,tach,am/fm , auto trans, no bondo,no rust original except paint and dash pad, 82000 miles. Will post pics if i can figure it out.
I bet that is one fine truck and low mileage to boot. Sure hope you can figure out how to load up pictures ,,If I learned I know anyone else can..

Maybe some one on here can give you steps to take to do so ..I can tell you I use tiny pictures and down load them from my photo album from my computer. I have a digital camera and take pictures and then save them in my personal photos and thats where I get mine from . No help I know ,but like I said surely some one on here will help you out with instructions.. GP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts