Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
K there is a flange it looks like on the front of the rear drive shaft. The splined areas should just slip out. Option 2 is unbolt the rear diff and slide it back. The axles should have enough spline on them to lift the diff up and back some to release the spline on the drive shaft. I would think the rubber boots on the drive shaft would have to have the clamps removed so you don't tear the rubber boot.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
drive shaft comes out after taking the 2 bolts out of the diff. still do not have the input shaft out, when i get the new one i will see how it comes out. the drive shaft is good and i will replace pads and rotor as long as i have it apart.all parts 133.57 from az west.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever get the rear input shaft out?

Did you ever get the rear input shaft removed. I think mine is stripped out.

drive shaft comes out after taking the 2 bolts out of the diff. still do not have the input shaft out, when i get the new one i will see how it comes out. the drive shaft is good and i will replace pads and rotor as long as i have it apart.all parts 133.57 from az west.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I believe there is a C clip that hold the input shaft in place, you have to remove the three hex head bolts then remove that little housing. remove the C clip and the input shaft should come right out. Make sure to replace the seal while you have it apart. I have the service manual on my computer I can try to pm it to you.
Mitch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Mitch,
I've unbolted the flanges that connect the drive shaft at the rear of the motor. The inside of the flange at the motor has a large nut, I don't see and C clip. The nut spins with the flange. When in gear the flange doesn't spin. You can spin it by hand with no resistance?? It is a 2008 XTX 700 Prowler. I really hate to take it to the dealer.

Ron

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey Mitch,
I've unbolted the flanges that connect the drive shaft at the rear of the motor. The inside of the flange at the motor has a large nut, I don't see and C clip. The nut spins with the flange. When in gear the flange doesn't spin. You can spin it by hand with no resistance?? It is a 2008 XTX 700 Prowler. I really hate to take it to the dealer.

Ron
If you are talking about the input shaft that goes into your rear differential you have to:

1. Unbolt the rear driveshaft from input shaft u-joint (three bolts on my '06)
2. Unbolt your rear brake caliper and lay over to the side (don't undo the brake lines)
3. Unbolt your brake rotor and slide it off.
4. Unbolt the front input flange (three bolts on my '06).
5. The whole nose cone and input shaft assembly will pull out as one unit. There is a C-clip on the backside that holds your input shaft into the nose cone. Take off that C-clip and your input shaft will slide out. (Again, if it is anything like my '06).

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm talking about the input shaft that goes into the motor.
I haven't had this one off before, just the diff end. I took mine apart to install a new seal and drill in to the dry cavity for the diff mod.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm talking about the input shaft that goes into the motor.
There should be a splined shaft that slides into a splined yoke on the engine side (the splined yoke can be pulled off if you take off the u-joint). The other end will unbolt from the differential side and the driveshaft will slide out. If you are talking about the input in the motor you are talking about the bevel gear throughshaft and you have to tear down the motor completely to get to it. I know because I just replaced my bevel gears.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts