Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly hard core off road stuff. . A few Crown King runs as well! I think my XTZ might fit in the bed. They have a 4000:1 reduction gear ratio so I guess they climb well

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I drove a Unimog all over Bavaria, Gemany... things climb like nothing else in the world...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only problem I see with this thing is that it tops out at 50mph. I don't want to have to trailer it to start my 4 wheeling. I guess the right lane up I-17 at 50 will have to do! :D

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I drove a Unimog all over Bavaria, Gemany... things climb like nothing else in the world...
That had to be a blast Darryl. I just can't see you going that slow!:D

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me know when we are going to Crown King, I call shot gun.
You buy the gas and shot gun is yours! Otherwise you buy lunch and sit in the back. LOL

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That had to be a blast Darryl. I just can't see you going that slow!:D
Oh, I found the top speed cross country in one... I think the motor pool officers are still trying to figure out what I did to that one.
But they are amazing. When we were doing forward observer status in the military, one pulled around the fire direction control center to stay nearer to us for accuracy. They went anywhere...

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
looks like a nice one .... love to have one up here price is low right now

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like a nice one .... love to have one up here price is low right now
I think the reserve is around 35k. My only issue is how do you get it to where you want to start wheeling? Driving 50 mph for 3 hours doesn't appeal to me and I hear they are very loud. I am going to research a bit more.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
look at after market overdrives while at it

·
Registered
95 Posts
A buddy of mine bought one to set up as a service truck. He's got the regular cab, not the quad like this one. He's putting on a 6ft frame extension so he can install a crane on the back section. He also going to install the air compressor between the frame rails as there is room for it there. It'll be a nice rig when he's done.
Hiway speed was at about 65 mph. He paid a bit more than the $35K for his. And yes, it's a little freaky going over hills.
btw, how do I put pics on this damn site anyway ? I'll show you what he has

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To attach pictures you simply reply to this thread and scroll down below where you put your text and you will see a box that says Attach files. Click on manage files and then attach and wait for them to load and you are done.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, I hope this works out. Cheers
That thing is a beauty. Looks fairly new. Can you tell me some more about it or where he would recommend buying one newer like that for that kind of money? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts