Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scenario: 2009 XT 650 H1 500 miles never had Diff checked, only at delivery (supposed). Dealer told me not to worry about it unless I ride it hard or water log it routinely.

I went to check my Differential fluid today. I could not see it or feel it front or rear on flat ground. It had been sitting so none could be up top.

It took 3-4 ounces to get to the level of the check hole. There are no leaks.

Is this normal for it to be short from the factory? The fluid did not smell burned.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My 700 was low also,You have to check them pretty often. you have to watch because they will blow the oil out the vent tube. I have seen a fix for it on here you will have to do a search for it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Here is one fix

·
Registered
294 Posts
The level of the fluid should be 3/4" to 1" below the fill hole, if it is up to the fill hole it is over full and you will have axle seal problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! The service manual says nothing and the owners manual neither. Back under it to suction some out. Mine is a 2009 and vented on the rear axle.

How do you tell if it is 1 inch down, heck I can barely see it now with my 40 year old eyes and clear fluid. LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It is vented front and back with only 1 vent from the factory. I took a 10cc syringe attached some tubing and aspirated 60cc out of each differential. That took it down to 1 inch below the inspection hole.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've seen this pic a few times but just noticed the ghetto overflow bottle for the radiator. That can't be yours sneakysnake, is it?
No its not mine it belongs to this person, I was just trying to giving him an idea on lengthening his vet tubes so he won't puck out dif lube. I'm not real big on ghetto work.

ArizonaProwler
Founding Member

·
Registered
103 Posts
From my understanding it should be closer to 1 and 1/2"s down. And the double accordions work well, I did the same thing and it helped alot with leaky axle seals.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have a 08 650 xt i have blown 2 bladders, my dealer just informed me that there is a silent recall on some 08's, they have a free replacement kit for your machine with a longer hose and a larger bladder, that should take care of the issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts