Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off id like to apologize to all of "you" "us" prowler and arctic cat owners. i have decided to take a leap of faith and venture to the other side....i will be picking up a new can-am maverick in less than an hour. but dont worry im not going to do what everybody thinks im gonna go and flip out man...ill still be around and if someone has a question ill still be here. ill let you know how i like it once i can wipe the smile off my face long enough to write a post :D

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
its all good man!! I went to the other side too for a short while,but then came back, for me ,well turns out,,,, im a cat guy....what can I say ......they are all good machines ...... just depends on your personal preference,,,,,,,,:D congradulations and good luck with your new ride:D:D and keep us posted.....

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Switching to the sport side of things for a while, it looks like they would be a blast to drive. Which model of Maverick are you getting?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Did you already sell your Prowler or are you trading it in on the Maverick? Are you going with the 4 seater?

Don't blame you one bit. If my wife was more on board, I'd probably have a newer machine myself. Some nice offerings out there now by all makers.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Did you already sell your Prowler or are you trading it in on the Maverick? Are you going with the 4 seater?

Don't blame you one bit. If my wife was more on board, I'd probably have a newer machine myself. Some nice offerings out there now by all makers.
I think there very nice machines,,,,Lot's of them at Hatfield and McCoy's this time, along with Can-AM Quads..............Didn't see any Prowlers,or wildcat's.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 words....holy ****!!!this things a freaking monster, pulls hard all the way to 79 mph, take 2 foot deep whoops at 50, has 2 modes for driving, sport mode and regular, regular mode smooth out the throttle input and changes timing a little, sport mode is balls to the wall but kinda twitchy in the rocks. put 72 miles on it this morning in 4 hours, no funny noises, no parking brake to worry about holding, fox 2.0 suspension took everything i could throw at it. now i just need to make a top for it, extend the cage in the back for a small jump seat for when my son isnt riding his quad, and put on a half windshield. holds 10 gallons of fuel and by the end of the ride it was only down two notches from full. weird thing is is that its the only sxs with catalyst, but this thing is dialed in from the factory. i dont have one negative thing to say about it so far....:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
2 words....holy ****!!!this things a freaking monster, pulls hard all the way to 79 mph, take 2 foot deep whoops at 50, has 2 modes for driving, sport mode and regular, regular mode smooth out the throttle input and changes timing a little, sport mode is balls to the wall but kinda twitchy in the rocks. put 72 miles on it this morning in 4 hours, no funny noises, no parking brake to worry about holding, fox 2.0 suspension took everything i could throw at it. now i just need to make a top for it, extend the cage in the back for a small jump seat for when my son isnt riding his quad, and put on a half windshield. holds 10 gallons of fuel and by the end of the ride it was only down two notches from full. weird thing is is that its the only sxs with catalyst, but this thing is dialed in from the factory. i dont have one negative thing to say about it so far....:D
I think I would probably just leave it stock also,did you trade in your prowler.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah the prowler is long gone. no offense to anyone else with prowlers but i was glad to drive away from it and know it wasnt mine anymore, too many headaches and time spent in the garage instead of riding, granted they all have theyre problems but so far can am has had a recall on all the problems that people have been having and they were already taken care of on my unit when i bought it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Can Ams are really nice machines. My wife and I have eyeballed them a bit as well as the new John Deere.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
What did you get the 1000x

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The biggest problem with the prowler is nothing,A lot of guy's fix the prowler up to be a high performance machine,and then they ride it like it's a RZR,it's not made for that,the prowler is a cross over machine work and recreational.The XTZ is the same thing a big motor dropped in a utility machine.I have 1900 dollars worth of shocks on mine,I will admit it rides great,but it still don't ride like a rzr-s at high speeds.to make a prowler a performance machine you need to do what Darryl89 or flying121 did.or buy a machine that's made to fly through the air 40 feet +

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I call BS...:D It didn't happen unless we have pictures.....:D Where are the pictures of this new beauty?;)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Pics would be great and video even better, it sounds like an awesome ride and that's what a sport machine should be. I would love to ride one wide open to see what they would do but hell I'm having a hard enough time finding a place to open up my Prowler other than pavement. I know where your coming from Mike you have to buy the machine for the use it's intended for and what fits your needs. The utility fits my needs more but damn I still would like to hit the desert with a sport, sometimes ya have the need for speed.:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Pics would be great and video even better, it sounds like an awesome ride and that's what a sport machine should be. I would love to ride one wide open to see what they would do but hell I'm having a hard enough time finding a place to open up my Prowler other than pavement. I know where your coming from Mike you have to buy the machine for the use it's intended for and what fits your needs. The utility fits my needs more but damn I still would like to hit the desert with a sport, sometimes ya have the need for speed.:cool:
I agree,I guess that's why I still have a sport utility Quad,it's still in my blood.:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I kept the clutches out of my old engine I couldn't decide if I wanted to sell them or have them modified.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
hellll man don't apologize .. go enjoy the damn thing a BUNCH

we all have to get what works best for us. BUTTTT getting out to the woods is what it's all about and of course some banter along the way.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts