Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took a 1000xtz Arctic cat for a demo drive at glamis this weekend and it felt like my wifes 800 Rotax cat. We went out for a little ride in the small dunes and its got good torque and rides way better than the old cats. It comes with a little better shock setup. So after our ride I told them we should race the 800cc Rotax Cat at the drags. Well I found john and the 1000xtz and we had a few races. The first two races I could pull away from the 1000xtz, Then we dumped his passenger and raced two more times and were even until the top end of a long run and he can pull me by 2 cart lengths. If my wifes Cat didnt have the rear bench seat and the four seater cage and full ice chest we would probably been dead even.
Either way it doesnt make a **** bit of difference that thing is fast for a factory stock unit and theres nothing gonna touch it. My wifes 800 Rotax with stock nobbies will beat my friends paddle tired Rzr no problem. So if when the 1000xtz is out and paddle tired up it will just run away from anything out there. All it will need to be really fun is long travel susp.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
The 1000 was running nobbies right? What were you running Warlock:rolleyes:

it is just cool some manufacturer is finally giving us an engine to build on!

I saw and didn't even drive it, i don't want to spoil my first ride in mine.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The 1000 was running nobbies right? What were you running Warlock:rolleyes:

it is just cool some manufacturer is finally giving us an engine to build on!

I saw and didn't even drive it, i don't want to spoil my first ride in mine.
I was running the original knobbies that the prowler came with. there worn out too by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I was running the original knobbies that the prowler came with. there worn out too by the way.

LMAO

I knew there was a chance I was gonna step in that one:confused:

Well done, all the Rhino guys were all excited to keep up with the 1000 and they were running paddles, figures you didnt need them

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMAO

I knew there was a chance I was gonna step in that one:confused:

Well done, all the Rhino guys were all excited to keep up with the 1000 and they were running paddles, figures you didnt need them
You know since Obama is now presidente and he believes in everyone in america should be equal in every thing we do. I should buy some smoothie fronts and put them on the rear tires so everyone will be closer to being equal. Huh. Or maybe I put my nasty drag tires on guess which ones they are in the pic.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
ya i know how you feel, is that Prowler stock engine? or is that one built also

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i know how you feel, is that Prowler stock engine? or is that one built also
Its bone stock with stock exhaust and all its for the hood and it keeps momma happy since its quiet. Maybe I should sneak a turbo on it and keep it all quiet and have my self a sleeeeeeeeeeper.. Imagine that I could run the hill with wife and all three kids eating ice cream bars in the back watching miley cyrus and spank anyone up the hill, now that might upset some peeps.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::)

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
You know since Obama is now presidente and he believes in everyone in america should be equal in every thing we do. I should buy some smoothie fronts and put them on the rear tires so everyone will be closer to being equal. Huh. Or maybe I put my nasty drag tires on guess which ones they are in the pic.
Far right is the drag tire?
Its bone stock with stock exhaust and all its for the hood and it keeps momma happy since its quiet. Maybe I should sneak a turbo on it and keep it all quiet and have my self a sleeeeeeeeeeper.. Imagine that I could run the hill with wife and all three kids eating ice cream bars in the back watching miley cyrus and spank anyone up the hill, now that might upset some peeps.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::)

I am giving Susan back her 686 Rhino, twice as fast as it was before,
she still has not driven it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Far right is the drag tire?

I am giving Susan back her 686 Rhino, twice as fast as it was before,
she still has not driven it.
Ive got sonia driving more now since the kids are older. She was slightly traumatized years ago when I took her to comp hill on thanks giving night and we all rode the bikes to the hill she was really getting to like riding the dunes (no fear yet) and it was about 9pm and I couldnt take her and some other girls through the big bowls from gecko so We stayed a few hundred yards in from sand highway to avoid some of the traffic. At a few of the big drop offs I would ride to the bottom and be motioning them to come down and she was a little scared to come down a few of them well some ahole in a old beam susp vw flew by the whole group on one of the drops(30 45+ feet) and lawn darted next to me , busted his head and nose wide open blood everywhere . I went and got an ambulance and some rangers and when I got back they were over in the side hills waiting and we continued on to comp. Me the ever so sensitive one never noticed that Sonia was seriously freaked out by what just happened. and not to mention the sensory overload of comp hill going fuckin off. It took me hours to convince her that she was riding that quad home too because I cant ride two at once. It was a little bit of over load for the girls. Goood cause they let us do are night rides with out complaint from there on out...

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Ive got sonia driving more now since the kids are older. She was slightly traumatized years ago when I took her to comp hill on thanks giving night and we all rode the bikes to the hill she was really getting to like riding the dunes (no fear yet) and it was about 9pm and I couldnt take her and some other girls through the big bowls from gecko so We stayed a few hundred yards in from sand highway to avoid some of the traffic. At a few of the big drop offs I would ride to the bottom and be motioning them to come down and she was a little scared to come down a few of them well some ahole in a old beam susp vw flew by the whole group on one of the drops(30 45+ feet) and lawn darted next to me , busted his head and nose wide open blood everywhere . I went and got an ambulance and some rangers and when I got back they were over in the side hills waiting and we continued on to comp. Me the ever so sensitive one never noticed that Sonia was seriously freaked out by what just happened. and not to mention the sensory overload of comp hill going fuckin off. It took me hours to convince her that she was riding that quad home too because I cant ride two at once. It was a little bit of over load for the girls. Goood cause they let us do are night rides with out complaint from there on out...

LMAO good job there dad!! I feel ya thow I know how intimidating it can be for newbies, lmao that was a great story

1 - 11 of 11 Posts