Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Arctic Cat Prowler 2007 H1 Red, im having some problems i cant understand, when i start the engine and drive every thing works grate, after like 5 - 10 minutes of driving the Letter 'D' (On the Screen that shows D/N/R/L) replaces with the letter 'E'.
At that point, when im accelerating, its stop accelerate at 35 RPM exactly and it wont go faster oh higher in the RPM.
If ill put it in Nutral after it get stuck on 35RPM every thing will go well and it wont get stuck, but then when ill put it again in D it will show me the letter 'E' and will get stuck at 35 RPM.

*When i say 35 RPM i mean (of course) 35 as showen at the gauge when i
program it to show RPM's.

I dont know what to do, i dont have even a clue about what could cause such a problam.

*If i post it at the wrong forum, please currect me, i'm new to here.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mine done this only a time or two. Check and make sure you've got it in gear real good. If your linkage is off it might not be going into gear all the way causing the error and not letting it rev up and go.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The trans is not reading the gear correctly. You will need to adjust the shifter linkage. I was having the same problem and alittle time messing with the adjuster to get the pin in and out smoothly in all gears and your problem will go away.

Good luck and welcome to the site. Great first post question.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have tryed to adjust the linkage, still same error, i dont get it, every thing seems to be fine and then its just cant get into 'H', its just shows that 'E', even if ill stop and start to messup with it, but when i let it "rest" for something like half an hour its stops doing it, but then after like5 - 10 minutes its starts all over again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have tryed to adjust the linkage, still same error, i dont get it, every thing seems to be fine and then its just cant get into 'H', its just shows that 'E', even if ill stop and start to messup with it, but when i let it "rest" for something like half an hour its stops doing it, but then after like5 - 10 minutes its starts all over again.
After adjusting your linkage did you make sure your engine cover was reinstalled properly. I know it sounds like a dumb question but mine wasn't on right one time and put pressure on the shifter causing this problem too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So .. i have removed the shifter linkage so it will be only on the 'H' gear, i drove it for 10 minutes (6000 RPM Max) and then its suddenly drops to 3500 and wont move even a bit further, So i can tel its for sure not the Shifter Linkage, its not the Air filter, not the coil or spark plug.
bloody hell what could it be?!

I must mention that the engine sounds and works perfectly in neutral. (wtf?o_O)

·
Registered
294 Posts
It could be possilbe that the gear indicator sensor is faulty, but doesn't have nay problem until the engine is hot. Does it just have the E in high range or all gears. The E makes the computer run a 3500 rmp limiter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its doing tge 'E' when on 'h' and some time it let me go over 3500 for a few seconds and then again, its sone time recognize 'H' and then dont, its wierd

·
Registered
656 Posts
It does sound more and more like some sort of shift sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where is that shift sensor spotted?
How can i know if its really is the sift sensor? and if it is, what should i do?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts