• Arctic Cat

• Polaris Rzr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I’m looking at possibly buying a 2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 Prowler. Was curious what the common issues are? The one I found has 398 hours and 2800 miles on it, snorkeled, and has had a recent tuneup and brakes put on it. Got the seller to say he’ll do 4K on it. He claims it’s never seen mud but being snorkeled I’m sure it has. Pic attached of the machine just looks to have normal wear and tear.

Was curious the thoughts on this machine from a reliability standpoint. I’m not trying to spend a lot on a SXS as I’m going to buy a house here in the next few months and would prefer to buy something cash without draining much of my savings. I’m between this and a 2009 Polaris 800 Rzr s that I found for 6.5k. The Polaris looks clean with only 230 hours. Yet I like how the Arctic cat has the bigger back bed, seat area and storage. Plus cheaper price doesn’t hurt. Feel free to give insight on RZR reliability too if you have any experience with them. Pic of the Rzr attached too.

I’ll be using it for trail riding with going through some mud but don’t want to trash my toy and ride it super hard. I’m mechanically inclined so I can fix most issues.

Thanks everyone! Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,331 Posts
Hello all,

I’m looking at possibly buying a 2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 Prowler. Was curious what the common issues are? The one I found has 398 hours and 2800 miles on it, snorkeled, and has had a recent tuneup and brakes put on it. Got the seller to say he’ll do 4K on it. He claims it’s never seen mud but being snorkeled I’m sure it has. Pic attached of the machine just looks to have normal wear and tear.

Was curious the thoughts on this machine from a reliability standpoint. I’m not trying to spend a lot on a SXS as I’m going to buy a house here in the next few months and would prefer to buy something cash without draining much of my savings. I’m between this and a 2009 Polaris 800 Rzr s that I found for 6.5k. The Polaris looks clean with only 230 hours. Yet I like how the Arctic cat has the bigger back bed, seat area and storage. Plus cheaper price doesn’t hurt. Feel free to give insight on RZR reliability too if you have any experience with them. Pic of the Rzr attached too.

I’ll be using it for trail riding with going through some mud but don’t want to trash my toy and ride it super hard. I’m mechanically inclined so I can fix most issues.

Thanks everyone! Your thoughts are greatly appreciated
Old Cats are still a decent machine. 650 motor has a good history of reliability, and ease of maintenance. Wet clutch makes belt life a non issue. Parts swapping with later years is easy, factory replacement parts are so so, but can be found. The biggest complaint I've found is A) Heat in the cab, and B) the parking brake rotor makes a lot of noise when the brakes are applied. I've learned to live with both, kinda like being married! LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had an 08 RZR 800. Performance wise there would be no comparison but there is very near zero utility capability with the RZR. Ask the owner of the RZR if it's had the rear pinion nut update done to it. If he says no or doesn't know what you're talking about check around the internet and see what it involves. I found the seats in the RZR to be too small and uncomfortable (6', 205). As for the Cat...I'm always a little leery of a snorkeled machine but there are some people who do it for the alleged "coolness factor" and never take them in mud. There are usually other telltale signs of high mud use. Neither price is out of line...so it's up to what you're looking for. Great performance w/no utility or utility with a fair amount of performance at less money. I would probably choose the Artic Cat....especially if you do your own maintenance. Much easier to work on than the RZR, IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts