Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey arctic cat riders this is prowlinaz, after years of reading I have FINNALY joined. Lots of great information on here and now I have one. Does anyone know where to buy just the CV joint rebuild kit for the front outboard CV? Everything I see is for the entire wheel axle half shaft.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hey arctic cat riders this is prowlinaz, after years of reading I have FINNALY joined. Lots of great information on here and now I have one. Does anyone know where to buy just the CV joint rebuild kit for the front outboard CV? Everything I see is for the entire wheel axle half shaft.
I have yet to find anyone that makes a rebuild kit for the Prowler. I wished there was one, I've gone through more CVs in the last 6 months and had to scavenge everything. The last time, I took a rebuild kit from a 700 4X4 ATV just to get the cage. Now I have 3 broken CVs on my car and am going to junk them to switch over to Turner Axles and CVs.

You might end up doing like others on here, beg for or buy up everyone's unused CVs... otherwise, find aftermarket complete setups and use their rebuild kits when needed (their kits won't fit AC's).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Today I did find a place that sells them for 79.99 or the entire CV unit for 89.99, heavy duty. the site is americancvstore.com. This beats the $200.00 wheel axle. Nice Cat!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The CV Man has some Arctic Cat CV joint rebuild kits call them

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Does American and The CV Man have them for the XTZ? Last time I checked, they didn't...

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Does American and The CV Man have them for the XTZ? Last time I checked, they didn't...
I am not sure about the XTZ but the XT and XTX they do

Call the CV man. Talk to Scott and tell him your from the site. I do business with him and you can reference my name.

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replys, I did get the one i ordered from AmericanCV and it fit and works well. The part came with the complete housing, boot, boot straps and a tube of CV grease. FYI, originally when I looked on their site I did not see the one for the Prowler but I called anyways and they did have it. It seemed they knew their "CVs" and knew which one worked on the Prowler. So give them a call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts