1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
861 Posts
what about the other one? the state trust decal? i think its 75 per family? or is it BLM?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
State Trust Land permit is $75.00 per family or $50.00 individual. I don't know if is a decal though. The last one I had was a red tag to hang from the rearview mirror. A hunting license acts as one if you are "hunting" I believe. Someone else may know more specifics.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I purchased my Arizona OHV decal like everyone else this past Jan 09. My Prowler is street legal by the way. My first year reg. was $132 now that the decal law came out with the decal already purchased my new reg. renewal was $4.75. Not to bad I would say.
So this is the new registration for your OHV? It replaces your 'street legal' sticker?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here is what my experience was at the MVD in Prescott: I paid $25 for my OHV Decal which came with a MC plate and the OHV decal to put in the upper corner. At that point I asked about street legal and the lady said I need to fill out this form stating is has all the equipment for street legal, pay the registration fee (~$10) and then she gave me a regular registration sticker like your car has to put in the other corner of the MC plate. Walla street legal/trail legal for under $40/year..

·
Registered
861 Posts
for some reason i was under the impression that the stickers were different and that State Trust was not under the jurisdiction of ADOT/MVD..

·
Registered
140 Posts
The new offroad sticker does let you ride on state trust land. However, if you are parked or camped on state trust land you still need to have an additional sticker for your truck or motorhome. The deal now is that every offroad vehicle under 1800lbs has to have this new OHV sticker. So the new OHV sticker gives you state trust land access and California and Utah recognize it and we are not forced to buy theirs. In addition, instead of paying for tags based on the value of the vehicle, there is a new option. You can get a street legal tag for your OHV stickered vehicle for only $4. The difference is that this is a part time on highway use vehicle. So, last year I paid about $160 bucks for tags. This year, $25 for the OHV sticker and $4 for street legal sticker. The $4 sticker allows you to use your OHV on the highway for any "offroad related" activities. Meaning anytime you need to drive on an improved road to go from trail to trail etc. You could drive it to the gas station to fuel it up for a ride etc. You just can't use it as an everyday driver or grocery getter I guess. Hope that helped and didn't confuse anyone..................

·
Registered
48 Posts
One more thing to add. If you have the new OHV tag and your vehicle is street legal, you still have to take it through emissions (in Phoenix) every year, if your vehicle is over four years old.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can modify quite a lot unless it affects the idle circuit. Open mufflers and intake filters will affect it, but if you have a good tuner/dyno person, they'll have an exhaust gas analyzer. The emissions people only check the machine when it's idling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am headed to Yuma this week to register my Prowler to be street legal and to get the OHV sticker. My question lies in what exactly do I need to get it to pass. I installed the horn yesterday thanks to Black Rhino Performance. It has rear LED Brake lights and running lights, and headlights of course. It also has a rear view mirrow installed on top. (no side rear views yet). Are side rear view mirrors required also? Is there a smog place to take it to in Yuma? I have a signed title and a signed and notarized bill of sale for the Cat sicne it is coming from CA to be registered in Arizona. Is there anything else I am missing here? Does is require turn signals to be installed?

Thanks! This is a great site by the way! I am going to pay to become a member later this morning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You actually only need to sign a form saying that you installed the proper equipment to meet street legal requirements. You basically have it covered. You will also need a liscense plate light if you plan on driving at night. You don't need turn signals. Hand signals work fine. You may need to take your Prowler down with you for an out of state inspection. I have had to do that with both of mine..............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts