Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really want a molded paddle cuz they are harder to muck up than the haulers but what do you guys think? I can get some ITP v looking paddles on rockstars at KD cycle for $345 or haulers for $460 on rockstars.. My experience has been that the haulers are easy to mess up if you hit a rock or log.. This thing does good with AT's it just wont go up the big stuff, the tires just spin like butter.. They have good flotation just no hookup.. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
166 Posts
ITP sandstar paddles are pretty heavy and I'd stay away from them. I run Haulers and I'm happy with them. I also haven't heard one bad thing about the DWT Doonz from UTV Crap. I think UTV Crap has 1 set of Doonz left on rattlesnakes for $570 and thats fronts, rears, and rims.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Everyone in our group runs the Skat Traks and we ride way harder than anyone Ive ever come across and we never have issues.:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ive never seen a molded tire that performs the same as a buffed out Scat trak. side x side drag racing will prove that in one simple race on equal powered and weighted cars.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So which Skat trak do you suggest? Hauler? Extreme?

·
Registered
166 Posts
So which Skat trak do you suggest? Hauler? Extreme?
I run 25x10x12 extremes and 25x10x12 smooth buffs
you will have to modify the front calipers slightly to get 12" wheels to fit but its really easy is you have a grinder:cool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I run the Doonz tires and I am probably the only one on here that does and I cant imagine a better setup but I am open to hearing what i would see as a gain from the skats over the Doonz. Keep in mind that they weigh very close to the same as a set of skats.
I am not trying to be the guy saying mines the best but I really dont understand what the benifits may be. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Borrow a set or race a car that your always even with and throw the good lite weight skats on and you should see a better launch and faster run out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up just airing down my AT's and they did good in 4 hi.. Had a absolute blast jumping the thing on everything and duning through the big dunes with my friends.. Dont like the idea of running 2wd with paddles with all the axle issues these seem to have.. Besides with 4wd it turns on a dime.. If you like the hill climbs then get paddles otherwise they arent needed.. I could shoot up olds on the left side but couldnt touch china wall..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Because of the small weight difference or the gearing change?
The weight is a little bit of it, the way the tire contacts the sand it bites different and has less rolling resistance. the skats have a more rounded tire and contact less of the sand especially once your up and running.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts