Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so some of you know the story of how hard I worked on getting a motor put into my cat, starting out with three motors & ending up installing a 700 that was kind of a pain but got her done.

so my first trip to the coast and the wife & I are having a blast & of course the boy (18) wants to take her for a spin and & tears the upper arm damn near off,
so we get it home and he does all the work reinforcing & puting it back together & first test run out he damn near tears off the rear hub,
so its back in for repairs ..
good Kid but damn hard on things, good thing hes mechanical..

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
a couple more..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Sounds like he needs his own project prowler to work on, then you can ride together and use yours to tow him back to the shop.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like he needs his own project prowler to work on, then you can ride together and use yours to tow him back to the shop.
yep that's what i'm thinking as well, he probably doesn't have an hour of seat time on that thin and hes done allot of frikkn damage,

Oh and yeah De3 hes 86'd off my cat for sure, i have an old 43 jeep I might let him drive..:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
So how is he doing all the damage, trying to see how high he can fly?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how is he doing all the damage, trying to see how high he can fly?
I think the rear hub breakage was defiantly jumping it, in one of the pictures you can see the little hill in the background..

the front arm he came down a dune to fast and hit the bottom way to hard and tore the A arm mount off.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think the rear hub breakage was defiantly jumping it, in one of the pictures you can see the little hill in the background..

the front arm he came down a dune to fast and hit the bottom way to hard and tore the A arm mount off.
To bad you live so far away,I have two rear hubs for sale,bushings and bearings like new.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To bad you live so far away,I have two rear hubs for sale,bushings and bearings like new.
dang I would have paid shipping, he bought one off ebay for 65 bucks!!

Oh and why do you have two rear hubs? did you upgrade??

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
dang I would have paid shipping, he bought one off ebay for 65 bucks!!

Oh and why do you have two rear hubs? did you upgrade??
I put disc brakes on the rear last month,and used the hubs from a 2010 prowler they have the tabs to bolt the calibers on.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
you are far toooooo nice a Dad !!! .... My Son learned early on you take care of Dad's stuff or WALK , ride your damn bike .... anything but abuse my stuff.
he got to buy the lil 4x4 truck he was caught beating on [a few years back now] from me. that or walk. and also the insurance was kept up to date or it was parked. he paid for it all on time payments if not on time it was parked :) .... I'm a firm believer no investment = no responsibility .. sometimes tuff love works best for the good of the raising the youngans :)

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Bring stuff back the same way or better than when you borrowed/used it, you break it you fix it! It has worked for me!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

Cracker you must be a pretty cool dad,When I was growing up my dad didn't have toys like that to play on,my dads idea of a toy for me was a lawn mower and a junk weed eater,he did buy my first motorcycle for me it was a 1973 yamaha GT 60 paid 225 dollars for it.:D I was in 7th grade,and from then on toy's have been in my blood,even now at 50.I guess I didn't have any boys to tear my stuff up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts