Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my Mac Book Pro 17" in the shop ... got it back a few min ago.

new rescue dog popped a few keys off and I couldn't get 2 of them back on [like typing with 4 broken fingers LOL ] ... also was having real trouble for some reason loading the update Adobe reader and it kept hanging on pages ...

all fixed and added the maximum amount of ram I could fit in it [6 Gig in this machine].. much faster loading now LOL

was lurking via my I Phone while no computer .. could have used my Wife's but it's a PC and I don't do well on them anymore .. old dog new tricks not so good :)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
My daughter has a Mac Book Pro and I will say it is fast, I haven't used Mac very often but I think I would like it but I'm too cheap to pay for one. As for iPhones and iPods my daughter and wife have had nothing but trouble with them. My daughter finally switched to a Android phone after having several crappy iPhones even the latest iPhone 6 which had terrible reception.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Our son just got my mom a smart phone, it has been very entertaining to watch the two of them work the phone, son telling how, mom not listening, dad goes out to garage. I've got a old trac phone that acts like a phone, take and receive! LMAO in Michigan!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this computer is almost 7 years old now and still runs very well and is up to date on software .. it was a hot rod when I bought it and is still near were new ones are speed wise .. never had any issues with it until this last fix [loading Adobe] and not sure why it was not going through .. adding a bunch of ram [from 2gig to 6 gig] is now real fast loading again .. they told me the newest version of the software I have in it need loads of ram so I got it to max it will hold.
prior to this I went through 6 computers in a year [all MICROCRAP ] and had far to many problems it's why I went to a Mac. The ole PC's were just freezing up or some dumb azz thing , were all good "brand names" and fortunately all bought at Costco so returning them was not an issue , just time setting up new ones etc. was a real PIA.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The biggest problem I have is all the Malware my wife manages to get loaded on them, she clicks any link without thinking. The laptop I'm using now is her 5 year old pc, she kept complaining about it and bought a new one. I restored the old one back to factory and got rid of all the malware crap she had loaded and it runs great now. She buys into some of the damn popup warnings and ads about "speed up your pc" or "Fix Problems Now".
This is the one I'm using now HP TouchSmart tm2

Maybe someday I'll go Mac.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I use the free version of Malwarebytes. Works great.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts