Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have a 2009 700 XTX, so someone else will help you. We have the best membership going!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Pull the drivers seat, now you will see an access cover, remove it, battery sitting right there

Been awhile but I believe there are a few electronics on top of the access cover that need to be moved

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
gone as in dead already ?

if so suggest a battery maintainer / charger with the next one .. mine is still good to go and when not in use it's on one.

also suggest a Odyssey brand for replacement and over size it while at it … believe it will take a 925 AMP in the space available … there is a thread on here about what size will fit search it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
2010 700 xtx will take a pl925,unfortunately my 2009 will only take a 680. I don't believe it would take much to make compartment big enough, but I'm 500 miles from home and don't want to take a chance on it not fitting.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
That was my concern, space for a larger battery. I decided to add a secondary battery to help with the extra loads, lights, winch, cooling fan for the CVT Belt.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
2010 700 xtx will take a pl925,unfortunately my 2009 will only take a 680. I don't believe it would take much to make compartment big enough, but I'm 500 miles from home and don't want to take a chance on it not fitting.
Slycat,I was wondering does the odyssey crank the prowler faster than the stock battery.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
IMHO Odyssey's don't crank faster than a stocker unless your stocker is in bad shape ..

I have several of them in different applications and believe it's the best battery on the market and worth the extra $$ purchase price.

1. 1750 amp. one in my CJ7 plow rig that doesn't get much use so it sits , I do use a battery maintainer on all my "sitting" batteries … 2. also a 2150 amp in my Diesel Peecup. 3. 1750 amp. one for my winch on my G/N trailer also sits for long periods unused.

funny story .. several years ago the one on the G/N trailer had a cracked battery storage case like a boat case … anyway I didn't know it was cracked .. over winter it filled up 100 % with water and the battery was under water … found it all green algae covered and dead .. took it down to the shop put it on a slow trickle charger hoping to get something out of it .. well after 2 or 3 weeks of slow charging it was back to 100% and it is still powering the G/N winch today .. that was about 6 or 7 years ago.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
My second battery is an Odyssey, the only time it is charged is when I'm riding put it online for 30 minutes or so. It always shows 12.5 volts! Great Product

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Looking at the Battery box on the XTZ's, wonder if they would fit the 650, and 700's? It may create additional problems working on the clutches, mainly lack of room for an impact!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts