Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a battery charging issue on my 2008 Arctic cat prowler 650 xt. Since this issue I've put a new battery and stator in and still have problems. My battery is slowly draining over time. I'll test it with a volt meter and no matter what I do the voltage stays the same. Before I start it, while its running, while I rev the engine, after its running. No matter what it stays the same. After I replaced the stator everyone once in a while when the motor is running my voltage will jump around all over the place. I do have leads coming off the battery terminals and then hooked everything up to them. The way Arctic cat designed the battery placement is horrible and I had to make leads to hook everything up (radio, winch, led lights) the radio is on a switch and I am still having issues. I'm about to take it to the dealer and have them figure it out. Could it be the voltage regulator? Any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I'd unhook all of the add on leads and see if one or all is causing the problem. Voltage regulator would be my next thought. On the 650 Prowlers there is an accessory plug for add ons. One is located near the engine, and has a two prong plug, another one is under the dash near the ignition switch.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Mine draws down all the time. A fully charged battery will drop dead in about 3 weeks of non-use. I traced the draw down to the CDI box, main power lead. It's drawing about 6 milliamps on my fluke. The only thing I can find drawing after the CDI, is the instrument cluster. I think its the clock circuit. I added an ON/OFF Main Switch and it cured the draw, but I need to reset the clock, which I usually don't. Good excuse to be late from riding!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
i will try unhooking all accessories and see if the problem still exists. i will let you know. thank you!
Just stay connected to the forum! We love picking on everybody! LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the other problem that i had too was after riding all day, i brought the prowler home and couldn't get it to turn over. as soon as i put a jump pack on it, it turned over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts