Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 prowler 500s (Textron)

I have a plow hooked up to it and the stock battery. Does anyone have suggestions on increasing the battery strength or putting in a second battery? I can do about 3 neighborhood driveways before completely stalling out because of the energy used by the winch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Install a heavy duty marine battery. Clear out a different spot on the sxs for it if you have to. Keep it on a float/maintenance charger when it’s parked. I did this to my ATV and it works great.

·
Registered
2016 HDX 700 Prowler
2 Posts

I have a plow hooked up to it and the stock battery. Does anyone have suggestions on increasing the battery strength or putting in a second battery? I can do about 3 neighborhood driveways before completely stalling out because of the energy used by the winch.
I will be following this post closely, I just purchased a 2016 Prowler HDX 700 with 400 miles on it and will be doing some plowing also for the neighbors. I did take a quick look at the battery location to see how big of one would fit but wasnt impressed. Looks like on the 700 some mods will be in order for a bigger battery box.

Loghead

·
Registered
1 Posts

I will be following this post closely, I just purchased a 2016 Prowler HDX 700 with 400 miles on it and will be doing some plowing also for the neighbors. I did take a quick look at the battery location to see how big of one would fit but wasnt impressed. Looks like on the 700 some mods will be in order for a bigger battery box.

Loghead
I also have a 2016 700 HDX. I put a marine battery in under the hood and wired it to the main battery so they both get charged from the SxS system. I also keep a maint. charger on it when parked. Works great, plenty of power for the winch, LED lights, stereo, and heater.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Loghead
I installed a larger second battery in series in the left lower side cargo box on my HDX. Works great!

·
Registered
2016 HDX 700 Prowler
2 Posts
Correction ~ Parallel not in series...
You mean 24volts wont make it work better? LOL, I knew what you meant.
I have 3 drives I do but they are all long (600'-800') so I am thinkingI wont be running the winch up and down a lot so I may just try a larger battery with a tender built in. We here in Michigan may be done with snow so I wont be able to check it out until next year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You mean 24volts wont make it work better? LOL, I knew what you meant.
I have 3 drives I do but they are all long (600'-800') so I am thinkingI wont be running the winch up and down a lot so I may just try a larger battery with a tender built in. We here in Michigan may be done with snow so I wont be able to check it out until next year.
You will be fine doing the long driveways and that's the best situation for using a utv plow. I quit using the UTV on my short wide driveway because it was a hassle. Use a garden tractor now for it's foot hydro trans, hydraulic lift and turning radius.

A good AGM battery and tender when not in use are recommended too. A second battery isn't needed in your application. They can cause more problems then they solve too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts